Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another Pit Bull Attack in Kentucky

Featured Replies

I've never said anything about guns and that is a different topic. I'm not a gun guy and I don't get why anyone needs an automatic weapon. However, keeping in that vein, if we want to vet Pit Bull owners and require training for a license to own them, then have at it. Just not in my neighborhood. All it takes is one bad day and this thing will change your life forever. I am not against animals, but human's created this breed, we need to contain their availability.

 

I would not be opposed to a vetting process for "aggressive-breed" dogs. Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to a vetting process for owning any sort of pet.

  • Replies 135
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would not be opposed to a vetting process for "aggressive-breed" dogs. Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to a vetting process for owning any sort of pet.

 

Or becoming parents, but that's another topic too, ha.

Not one bit? Ok. I wouldn't let my daughter out with her friends running around just in case they excite the dogs.

 

Nope. Of course, I wouldn't allow my kids around any dog (or animal for that matter) unsupervised, including my own.

Or becoming parents, but that's another topic too, ha.

 

:lol2: Ain't that the truth.

So do guns. Don't hear you clamoring that we need to get rid of them.

 

Big difference, a gun can’t “feel threatened” and take action it thinks is necessary to defend itself.

Until I have the details I asked for, I'll just have to assume the pit bull felt threatened. There's no other reason it would kill a person.

 

It has been documented that in some instances a pit's brain will actually outgrow its skull, putting pressure on the dogs brain. Which in turn has been linked to sudden changes in aggression in said dog. A friend of mine had a pit that was raised right as well as trained well, but suddenly became aggressive toward anyone at any given time, for no apparent reason. When it was time for the dog to get it's yearly shots they mentioned this to the vet, which said that it is somewhat common in pits if their brain outgrows their skull. The vet went on to say that in most cases the dog will have to be put down if the sporadic aggression continues.

 

Long story short, my friends dog was used to seeing me on a daily basis and I had been out of town for a couple of weeks and they warned me about the dog when I got back in town and told them I would come visit. So I get there and they and the dog are outside and the dog runs up to me and was super exited to see me, so I pet and rubbed it's head like I usually would when he greeted me. Then, I go to pull my hand away and it tried to take my fingers off, but I pulled my hand away quick enough to avoid getting bit. They put the dog in the garage the rest of the time I was there and I told them they have an issue they really need to think long and hard on with that dog, because that type of behavior is not normal. A week later, my friends lady friend at the time came over to visit him and the dog bit her on the leg out of the blue when she walked passed it to go to the bathroom. The dog was put down shortly after that.

 

The thing is, the vet warned them this was a not so uncommon problem with pits, particularly in their younger years. That dog was a great dog and well loved up until the few weeks that its entire demeanor changed. The moral of the story is that the dog was treated well and trained well, it loved people to death, up until the point that it's personality did a complete 180 with no explanation. Well, until the vet explained the likely cause of the personality change....

What's the difference? You can't take a life back. Everyone knows that it is the owner's fault, but these things cause too many injuries, and too many owners are negligent.

 

Only speaking to this one point: That's how I feel everytime a child is killed because someone left a loaded firearm in a place the child or another could find it and play with it.

Random other note: my daughter was attacked as a child by my parents' border collie. My little toothless Brussels Griffin tried to bite my grandaughter the other day. And my little Havanese snapped at one of my sisters grandsons once. I don't leave any of my dog unattended with any child for sure, and usually not with adults either. I know their quirks and issues, and others don't. I'm not going to put my pets in a position to get in a position where they do something that someone could compel them to be put down.

I can't believe the number of people who defend this animal. It's a wiring problem with this particular species. Not the owners or anything else.

No breed has that. That's why Pit Bulls are so dangerous. If another dog has a lazy or irresponsible owner, then that dog may bite. It may be a gruesome bite. W/ Pit Bulls, in a one-on-one situation, it is almost certainly death. Since we can't guarantee 100% competent ownership, we need to enforce 100% abstinence of ownership of them.

I agree. Pit Bulls require more training and care than every other dog breeds. Let me ask you something, do you feel the same way about Pit Bulls as you do about an AR 15 or any semi or automatic rifle? Because I do. I'm not in favor of banning either. I'm in favor of making sure they are in the hands of competent people.

I can't believe the number of people who defend this animal. It's a wiring problem with this particular species. Not the owners or anything else.

You are out of your mind if you blame this all of the dogs. All Pit Bulls aren't violent.

You are out of your mind if you blame this all of the dogs. All Pit Bulls aren't violent.

 

Just because they haven't all snapped doesn't mean they won't. They are unpredictable and there's no rhyme or reason to it.

Why are guns part of this thread??

Just because they haven't all snapped doesn't mean they won't. They are unpredictable and there's no rhyme or reason to it.

You're just wrong. A good owner is able to combat this.

Why are guns part of this thread??

Because people are hypocrites.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.