Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another Pit Bull Attack in Kentucky

Featured Replies

Because people are hypocrites.
Ridiculous.
  • Replies 135
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because people are hypocrites.

 

How so? Guns don't kill people, the people behind the gun is who is responsible for that.. Dog's on the other hand.. Some of them are killing their owners, neighbors, children etc without their owners telling them to. I own several guns, yet I've never had one attempt to shoot me once, but I have had a pit attempt to bite me for no reason.

I can't believe the number of people who defend this animal. It's a wiring problem with this particular species. Not the owners or anything else.

I defend them because 99.9% of them never harm a soul.

How so? Guns don't kill people, the people behind the gun is who is responsible for that.. Dog's on the other hand.. Some of them are killing their owners, neighbors, children etc without their owners telling them to. I own several guns, yet I've never had one attempt to shoot me once, but I have had a pit attempt to bite me for no reason.

Dogs are a reflection of their owners ability or inability to properly care for, train, and prevent. Sound familiar...

Ridiculous.

How so? There have been more deaths from semi automatic weapons this year than Pit Bull attacks. But the deaths from each category could have been prevented had the owner been competent and understood the duties of owning said weapon/ dog. I'm not in favor of outlawing either. I just want to control who can own each.

Dogs are a reflection of their owners ability or inability to properly care for, train, and prevent. Sound familiar...

 

The pit my friend had was well cared for as well as trained. His demeanor changed within a couple of weeks, even though his care and such did not. How do you explain that? The vet gave a possible explanation, so I'm curious what your's is..

 

To be honest it was a beautiful dog that was loved by it's owner and the dog itself loved people in general, even strangers. Something happened with that dog in a short period of time though and it had to be put down. So how does that happen if the owners didn't neglect it nor did anyone pose a threat to it to cause it to attack?

This isn’t a gun thread. Guns aren’t at issue here. This breed of dog is. Guns are for another thread. The instinctive violence of this dog is the point of this thread. I feel it is every bit as much nature as nurture with them.

How so? There have been more deaths from semi automatic weapons this year than Pit Bull attacks. But the deaths from each category could have been prevented had the owner been competent and understood the duties of owning said weapon/ dog. I'm not in favor of outlawing either. I just want to control who can own each.
Because it's a stupid comparison. Again is a gun going to come into my yard and attack me?
The pit my friend had was well cared for as well as trained. His demeanor changed within a couple of weeks, even though his care and such did not. How do you explain that? The vet gave a possible explanation, so I'm curious what your's is..

 

To be honest it was a beautiful dog that was loved by it's owner and the dog itself loved people in general, even strangers. Something happened with that dog in a short period of time though and it had to be put down. So how does that happen if the owners didn't neglect it nor did anyone pose a threat to it to cause it to attack?

So what you're describing could literally happen to any dog.

Because it's a stupid comparison. Again is a gun going to come into my yard and attack me?

No and neither is a pit bull with a competent owner. Are the strange circumstances that one dog could go crazy and kill somebody yes. Just like their are crazy circumstances where a crazy person could grab a gun and go kill someone. I'm not a fan of anyone trying to ban something for the sole purpose of keeping it away from crazy people.

So what you're describing could literally happen to any dog.

 

Well except the fact that the vet said it's a known issue with pits (she didn't mention any other breed) which are stronger and as well have stronger jaw strength than most dogs. If the same thing happened to most other breeds, I doubt it would be capable of killing adults.

This isn’t a gun thread. Guns aren’t at issue here. This breed of dog is. Guns are for another thread. The instinctive violence of this dog is the point of this thread. I feel it is every bit as much nature as nurture with them.
It's a valid comparison to prove a point that people are hypocritical.
Well except the fact that the vet said it's a known issue with pits (she didn't mention any other breed) which are stronger and as well have stronger jaw strength than most dogs. If the same thing happened to a small dog, I doubt it would be capable of killing adults.

Going crazy isn't exclusive to Pits no matter how much you want to believe it is.

Going crazy isn't exclusive to Pits no matter how much you want to believe it is.

 

Trust me, I loved that dog, but was also able to recognize that there was a serious issue with it, I'm not singling pits out at all. However it does seem to be more common with them and even the vet that my friend took Cam to said the same thing. I'm going off from first hand experience with the dog as well as what the vet said, you seem to just be spitballing.

Trust me, I loved that dog, but was also able to recognize that there was a serious issue with it, I'm not singling pits out at all. However it does seem to be more common with them and even the vet that my friend took Cam to said the same thing. I'm going off from first hand experience with the dog as well as what the vet said, you seem to just be spitballing.

That's cute...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.