Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another Pit Bull Attack in Kentucky

Featured Replies

In the 3 years I have been on BGP there have been quite a few Pit Bull threads and NONE of them have actually made any progress. At all. Both those who blame the owners (like myself) and those who blame the dogs will not budge. It's pointless.

  • Replies 135
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How so? There have been more deaths from semi automatic weapons this year than Pit Bull attacks. But the deaths from each category could have been prevented had the owner been competent and understood the duties of owning said weapon/ dog. I'm not in favor of outlawing either. I just want to control who can own each.

 

It's extremely ridiculous because guns don't kill people. Pit bulls do.

Trust me, I loved that dog, but was also able to recognize that there was a serious issue with it, I'm not singling pits out at all. However it does seem to be more common with them and even the vet that my friend took Cam to said the same thing. I'm going off from first hand experience with the dog as well as what the vet said, you seem to just be spitballing.

 

According to this article, and about 4 others the brain growing too large for the skull is false:

 

2: Bully breed brains grow continuously, causing them to go crazy | Bully Breeds | Animal Planet

 

It started with dobermans and was later changed to pit bulls. If the brain grew like that it would simply kill the dog, just like it does anything else that suffers severe swelling of the brain.

That's cute...

 

Thanks... :puke:

 

Your mind is obviously made up and there is no rhyme or reasoning with you. Peace out!

According to this article, and about 4 others the brain growing too large for the skull is false:

 

2: Bully breed brains grow continuously, causing them to go crazy | Bully Breeds | Animal Planet

 

It started with dobermans and was later changed to pit bulls. If the brain grew like that it would simply kill the dog, just like it does anything else that suffers severe swelling of the brain.

 

I read that exact article a while back but couldn't find any links/sources as to where they gathered their information from to actually debunk what I witnessed first hand and what a vet told my friend. Until someone can educate me on it and make me believe that the vet was wrong, I'll stick with believing what they told my friend and what I witnessed first hand.

I do not believe that all dogs are born equal. Pure bred dogs do have certain personality traits, good and bad. You have to know how to handle a particular breed.

 

My mama used to say that mutts are calmer and make the best pets because the mixture of breeds takes out a lot of personality problems. She was no scientist, but we always had great dogs.

 

I would be interested to hear the views of a BGP vet if we have one.

It's extremely ridiculous because guns don't kill people. Pit bulls do.

My point exactly. If we can't even get to the point where we can even agree on the most fundamental points of each other's arguments then we're never going to get anywhere. Pit Bulls don't kill people. Pit Bulls with bad owners kill people (at ridiculous low rates relative to how you are making it seem). Yes there are dogs that "snap" and kill people just like their are people who people who "snap" and kill people with a gun. A Pit Bull cannot kill someone if not put in a situation where it can kill someone. Just like a gun.

My point exactly. If we can't even get to the point where we can even agree on the most fundamental points of each other's arguments then we're never going to get anywhere. Pit Bulls don't kill people. Pit Bulls with bad owners kill people (at ridiculous low rates relative to how you are making it seem). Yes there are dogs that "snap" and kill people just like their are people who people who "snap" and kill people with a gun. A Pit Bull cannot kill someone if not put in a situation where it can kill someone. Just like a gun.

 

False.

Thanks... :puke:

 

Your mind is obviously made up and there is no rhyme or reasoning with you. Peace out!

Just to clarify I thought it was "cute" that you thought I was ignorant on the subject. But if you look at post #121 I basically outlined the second part of your post before you did.

False.

No reason to argue because neither of us is willing to compromise on our ideals. We both feel the other person is being illogical.

Edited by Jumper_Dad
R12

I do not believe that all dogs are born equal. Pure bred dogs do have certain personality traits, good and bad. You have to know how to handle a particular breed.

 

My mama used to say that mutts are calmer and make the best pets because the mixture of breeds takes out a lot of personality problems. She was no scientist, but we always had great dogs.

 

I would be interested to hear the views of a BGP vet if we have one.

There has to be a Vet on here somewhere. I too would be curious to have input from a Vet instead of all of us proclaiming to be experts on Pit Bulls when it appears none of us have any real life experience with literally hundreds of these dogs like a Vet would.

I read that exact article a while back but couldn't find any links/sources as to where they gathered their information from to actually debunk what I witnessed first hand and what a vet told my friend. Until someone can educate me on it and make me believe that the vet was wrong, I'll stick with believing what they told my friend and what I witnessed first hand.

 

It isn't just that article. There are several, all day the same thing. It is a simple matter of biology. If a brain gets too large for its skull, and the swelling isn't relieved, that animal dies. It doesn't just change its behavior. Just like a person that takes a serious blow to the head and suffers brain swelling. If it isn't relieved, they die. It is highly possible that they told you something they had heard and it did not, I've fact come from a vet. People embellish things all the time. In fact, pit bulls are more likely to experience brain shrinkage than swelling: Pit Bull Neurological Disorders - Pets

It isn't just that article. There are several, all day the same thing. It is a simple matter of biology. If a brain gets too large for its skull, and the swelling isn't relieved, that animal dies. It doesn't just change its behavior. Just like a person that takes a serious blow to the head and suffers brain swelling. If it isn't relieved, they die. It is highly possible that they told you something they had heard and it did not, I've fact come from a vet. People embellish things all the time. In fact, pit bulls are more likely to experience brain shrinkage than swelling: Pit Bull Neurological Disorders - Pets

 

Why would they lie about that? They took the dog to get it's yearly shots and talked to the vet about the dogs behavior. Then relayed to me what the vet told them prior to me coming to visit them. They didn't want to put the dog down or they would have done so prior to it biting a female. So again, why would you think they lied to me about what the vet told them?

My point exactly. If we can't even get to the point where we can even agree on the most fundamental points of each other's arguments then we're never going to get anywhere. Pit Bulls don't kill people. Pit Bulls with bad owners kill people (at ridiculous low rates relative to how you are making it seem). Yes there are dogs that "snap" and kill people just like their are people who people who "snap" and kill people with a gun. A Pit Bull cannot kill someone if not put in a situation where it can kill someone. Just like a gun.

Guns with bad owners don’t kill people. Your argument is like saying cars with alcoholic owners kill people.

It's a valid comparison to prove a point that people are hypocritical.

 

I'm not a hypocrite. You know nothing about me. I am trying to stay on topic. Start a gun thread, then we'll debate.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.