Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patriots 27 Steelers 24

Featured Replies

A - you can dislike the rule if you want. However, anyone that believes the rule was applied incorrectly in this instance (unless they want to argue the evidence to overturn was inconclusive) is not living in reality

 

B - if I am an NFL coach, I demand after every TD catch that my players walk immediately to a referee and DEMAND that they take the ball from my hands "tug o' war" style. I don't want any question about whether I "completed the catch" -- and I get to make the NFL look stupid for having such a silly rule by doing it as well.

  • Replies 110
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get the reason for the rule. Yesterday's play was an easy call. If it is not a rule you will have guys going up in the air making "catches" and that is all required. If memory serves the rule was modified to what it is today.

 

The only tweak one could offer is that in a situation like James (or Dez from a couple years ago), the catch process is completed if a "football move" is made prior to the ball coming loose.

If this catch was at the 50 yard line would anyone deny he didn't complete the catch? Or if he was going out of bounds? Why would be in the end zone change anything?

If this catch was at the 50 yard line would anyone deny he didn't complete the catch? Or if he was going out of bounds? Why would be in the end zone change anything?

 

In no circumstance would this been a catch.

It may be a dumb rule, and I believe it is, but based on the rule it was an easy call.

 

The biggest issue is why in the hell didn't Ben just spike it and go to OT? You're at home, and you've got the most dynamic player in football in Bell. If the game gets to OT, in no way, shape, or form do I see New England winning.

And that's why the NFL is stupid.

It may be a dumb rule, and I believe it is, but based on the rule it was an easy call.

 

The biggest issue is why in the hell didn't Ben just spike it and go to OT? You're at home, and you've got the most dynamic player in football in Bell. If the game gets to OT, in no way, shape, or form do I see New England winning.

That last play when Big Ben threw his pick was a hot mess. It looked all kinds of wrong from the moment the ball was snapped.

I do appreciate the instant karma delivered to the Steelers after that classless touchdown celebration.

Karma.

 

That's kind of what I was thinking.

Just saw that NE now has an 86% chance of home field advantage throughout the playoffs and AB should be back for the expected rematch. It should be another instant classic.

Just saw that NE now has an 86% chance of home field advantage throughout the playoffs and AB should be back for the expected rematch. It should be another instant classic.

 

As if the Steelers didn't already have enough trouble beating the Pats, they are not beating them in Foxboro. Missed opportunity yesterday.

As if the Steelers didn't already have enough trouble beating the Pats, they are not beating them in Foxboro. Missed opportunity yesterday.

 

I pretty much agree, but anytime you've got two teams as good as the Steelers and Pats are, it's hard to beat a team of that level twice in the same season. If we get the rematch, and let's be honest, no one else in the AFC has a shot, it's going to be one hell of a game again.

I pretty much agree, but anytime you've got two teams as good as the Steelers and Pats are, it's hard to beat a team of that level twice in the same season. If we get the rematch, and let's be honest, no one else in the AFC has a shot, it's going to be one hell of a game again.

 

Oh it should be a classic for sure. I actually think the Steelers have the better TEAM this year, but the Pats have arguably the best QB and TE ever, so that evens things out.

 

I don't hate losing to the Pats, mostly because I don't hate the Pats. Also because they are almost always one of the best teams in the league.

Who are the Bengals?

 

Exactly what the Patriots think about the Steelers.

Exactly what the Patriots think about the Steelers.

 

That's not even remotely the case...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.