Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patriots 27 Steelers 24

Featured Replies

But it crossed the plane long before it hit the ground?

 

Does not matter. You have to complete the catch. I’m not a fan of the rule, but it is the rule.

  • Replies 110
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But it crossed the plane long before it hit the ground?

 

Doesn't matter because you still have to complete the catch. If you don't posses the ball through the ground, that means it was never a catch to make crossing the plane even relevant. That's how the rule is. I hate the rule and wish some common sense would come into play because it should be a catch but by the rule it's not. I still remember a td overturned that Eifert had 2 years ago against I believe the Steelers and that was even more of a catch than that but they overturned it based off the letter of the rule.

What I didn’t realize until today was that the Steelers have had a major player out each of the last five or so games they’ve lost to the Pats. They still should have won today, but interesting.

I don’t even know what you’re talking about. Regardless of what that is, you are so blinded by your team being garbage that you will find anything to complain about.

 

Enjoy the playoffs. :thumb:

Don't play dumb. You have twitter even if you missed it on TV you have seen it there.

Doesn't matter because you still have to complete the catch. If you don't posses the ball through the ground, that means it was never a catch to make crossing the plane even relevant. That's how the rule is. I hate the rule and wish some common sense would come into play because it should be a catch but by the rule it's not. I still remember a td overturned that Eifert had 2 years ago against I believe the Steelers and that was even more of a catch than that but they overturned it based off the letter of the rule.

 

I was afraid that was the answer, but it really seems illogical? You run to the goal line and reach across, crossing the plane and then the ball dislodges when it hits the ground it's a TD. You catch the ball & spin to the goal line, crossing the plane & then hit the ground and the ball moves, it's not a catch?

 

Confusing to say the least, as I understand the "completing the catch" part; but it seemed he'd already caught the ball & moved to score, crossed the plane and then the ball moved when it hit the ground? NFL rules??

Don't play dumb. You have twitter even if you missed it on TV you have seen it there.

 

Not playing dumb. I haven’t even seen it on Twitter.

What I didn’t realize until today was that the Steelers have had a major player out each of the last five or so games they’ve lost to the Pats. They still should have won today, but interesting.

Excuses. This is the type of post that gets an lol emoji from you if a Bengals fans said it.

Not playing dumb. I haven’t even seen it on Twitter.

Twitter

On another note--Rex Burkhead must feel like a guy who got wrongly accused of murder, sentenced to death; and then finds out they found the real killer & he gets acquitted.

 

And oh, by the way; you're now a Patriot not a Bungal--And this isn't a dream!! :D

Excuses. This is the type of post that gets an lol emoji from you if a Bengals fans said it.

 

“They still should have won.”

 

Some excuse.

Should that play be a TD in practicality? Of course. But if you are being consistent you can't call that a catch when 2 years ago Dez Bryant's wasn't. The rule stinks but it's the rule.

“They still should have won.”

 

Some excuse.

Players injured, bad calls, still should have won. Literally the exact post from all Bengals fans after nearly every Bengals loss to the Steelers for the last decade.

 

That’s what you’re upset about? I think it’s stupid to do because he just got back from suspension for it, but that’s pretty weak to have your underwear all in a bunch over.

Players injured, bad calls, still should have won. Literally the exact post from all Bengals fans after nearly every Bengals loss to the Steelers for the last decade.

 

The difference is Bengals fans use that against EVERY team they lose to, not just the Steelers. :lol2:

The non-catch by the Steeler at the end shows why Jim Nantz is the worst of the #1 network guys. I was telling my wife for at least a minute that they were looking to see if the ball moved before Nantz figured it out...and that was after Romo finally figured it out (I love Romo but the was way too late on this one too). Al Michaels would have been all over this immediately...much better than Nantz. Nantz is great at announcing golf but not so great when it comes to football IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.