Jim Nabors has died

Randy Parker

You could just tell that the niceness of the Gomer Pyle character was no stretch when it came to the real Jim Nabors.

Though it's been years since I've watched it, The Gomer Pyle Show was a complete staple during my childhood. Who can forget his famous line "Surprise Surprise Surprise!!!"

Always blew my mind how his speaking voice, and singing voice were so different.

What a great guy, and "darn-it"... with my childhood heros fading fast just another reminder than I'm getting older.

Thanks for the great memories Jim Nabors, and Rest In Peace good buddy.

I still watch The Andy Griffith Show on a regular basis. Makes me sad when I realize the vast majority of them are no longer with us. Opie & Thelma Lou are two regulars that I know are still alive, but most are gone.

Gomer was such a great character, and as B-Ball-fan said, Nabors seemed to be a really good guy.

I still watch The Andy Griffith Show on a regular basis. Makes me sad when I realize the vast majority of them are no longer with us. Opie & Thelma Lou are two regulars that I know are still alive, but most are gone.

Gomer was such a great character, and as B-Ball-fan said, Nabors seemed to be a really good guy.

Yes I am.