Pendleton County 79 Bracken County 36

One positive to take away is Bracken County out rebounded Pendleton County by about 15. They are big in the post and I think need to use that to their strength. Jhace Cummins a sophomore really impressed me coming off the bench. I see him starting before the years over. This is nothing I didn’t expect. Just the natural cycle of a rural 1A school.

C'mon man.... Don't start with this excuse already. :ohbrother: :no:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really an excuse? Just a fact. You get to the top of the mountain and then you fall off, and when you fall it’s a long road back up and this is especially prominent in smaller schools. Look at Augusta and Brossart for recent examples. We play the cards we are dealt and that’s the way she goes.

I think our kids have a lot of room to grow and I expect a closer game next time in Brooksville.

Not really an excuse? Just a fact. You get to the top of the mountain and then you fall off, and when you fall it’s a long road back up and this is especially prominent in smaller schools. Look at Augusta and Brossart for recent examples. We play the cards we are dealt and that’s the way she goes.

I think our kids have a lot of room to grow and I expect a closer game next time in Brooksville.

I'm just busting your chops, but seriously please don't use it as an excuse after every game.

Yeah I expect closer than a 43 point margin as well....:ohbrother:

I'm just busting your chops, but seriously please don't use it as an excuse after every game.

You two need to knock it off period.

What exactly is the "top of the mountain"?

What exactly is the "top of the mountain"?

I think that’s pretty obvious isn’t it? Talent level was at its peek last season. Didn’t get that coveted district championship they were seeking, but did advance in the region and made a run at Campbell but fell short.

Now the talent level has dropped quite a bit with limited experience. That’s the case for 1-A schools. Nature of the beast in a 1 class system. Like it or not. Now they bye their time until the next crop of talent comes up which will be another season or two.

Their cross county rival is going through the same thing. Augusta has been less than average since the departure of the big 3. Now they wait until an extremely talented middle school team makes their way to high school. And when they do look out. Loads of talent coming up.

I think that’s pretty obvious isn’t it? Talent level was at its peek last season. Didn’t get that coveted district championship they were seeking, but did advance in the region and made a run at Campbell but fell short.

Now the talent level has dropped quite a bit with limited experience. That’s the case for 1-A schools. Nature of the beast in a 1 class system. Like it or not. Now they bye their time until the next crop of talent comes up which will be another season or two.

Their cross county rival is going through the same thing. Augusta has been less than average since the departure of the big 3. Now they wait until an extremely talented middle school team makes their way to high school. And when they do look out. Loads of talent coming up.

Would that "load of talent" be players who weren't Augusta students last year?

Pendleton County is in that top 2-3 in the region talk, so right there it's not the same ole PC-BC game, so even though it was a bad loss, you must have short term memory loss and move forward. PC is always a tough game for BC in the Wood shed. I remember a few years back they put a big loss on BC there and held Crawford to 6, Coach Miles got ejected. Even with a big loss like this I still wish that old district of PC,BC,RC and Augusta was back

really?

0 District Championships in 18 years

1 Regional Semi appearance

A couple of All A Regional Finals

That's the top of the mountain for BC?

Augusta

3 district championships

1 All A Regional championship

1 Regional runner-up

That's more of the top of the mountain to me.