Pendleton County 79 Bracken County 36

Pendleton County is in that top 2-3 in the region talk, so right there it's not the same ole PC-BC game, so even though it was a bad loss, you must have short term memory loss and move forward. PC is always a tough game for BC in the Wood shed. I remember a few years back they put a big loss on BC there and held Crawford to 6, Coach Miles got ejected. Even with a big loss like this I still wish that old district of PC,BC,RC and Augusta was back

This. So much of this.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically yeah, but the family’s roots run deep in Augusta. And it’s middle school so wouldn’t it be a moot point?

I understand where you're coming from with moot point.

And by some standards, I guess you're correct.

But the very fact that a middle school team inspires someone to say they are loaded and to look out for them when they get to high school and they are primarily all transfers, it then loses the ability to be a moot point.

And there are many scenarios where there could be deep roots, but yet kids don't attend that school. But in this particular situation, if the roots were that deep, the kids would have already been there.

**I realize this discussion doesn't belong in this thread and won't comment about it anymore.

Allen-36 points(13/17)

Yelton-14(5/9)

Walsh-9(4/8)

Several others accounted for the other twenty.

PC shot 53.6% from the field and had 30 rebounds.

These 3 shot 65% and accounted for 59 of their 79 points? Those other 20 points must have taken a lot of shots?

I understand where you're coming from with moot point.

And by some standards, I guess you're correct.

But the very fact that a middle school team inspires someone to say they are loaded and to look out for them when they get to high school and they are primarily all transfers, it then loses the ability to be a moot point.

And there are many scenarios where there could be deep roots, but yet kids don't attend that school. But in this particular situation, if the roots were that deep, the kids would have already been there.

**I realize this discussion doesn't belong in this thread and won't comment about it anymore.

I’m just trying to get a chance to watch them play. I’m just a fan of basketball and want to see some good games.

Even if it is Middle School :lol2:

One positive to take away is Bracken County out rebounded Pendleton County by about 15. They are big in the post and I think need to use that to their strength. Jhace Cummins a sophomore really impressed me coming off the bench. I see him starting before the years over. This is nothing I didn’t expect. Just the natural cycle of a rural 1A school.

Rebounds:

Pendleton 30

Bracken 20

According to Riherds....

You are correct. Looked at the wrong column. Bracken needs to slow the ball down as much as possible. They aren’t running with anyone.

Maybe adopt the North Carolina 4 corners offense. But still need a ball handler. I’m hearing speak of an 8th grader that could be pulled up. I’ve seen the young man play. He is as good as advertised. With that said the varsity game is far different than the middle school game, and Coach may not think he’s ready for the change just yet. But at this point it can’t hurt in preparation for the future.

You are correct. Looked at the wrong column. Bracken needs to slow the ball down as much as possible. They aren’t running with anyone.

Brossart has done this with a fair amount of success for quite a while now. Shorten the game.