Big out of state wins by our state finalists

FSfan

Some of our Kentucky state finalists have some big wins over out of state teams that are still playing:

Mayfield beat Union City TN 41-0 to start the season. Union City is playing for the Tennessee 2A title next week.

Corbin beat Alcoa TN 22-21 and Alcoa is playing for the Tennessee 3A title next week.

Johnson Central beat Capital WV 31-20 and Capital is playing today in the West Virginia 3A semifinals.

Trinity beat Champagnat Catholic FL 28-7 and CC is playing for the Florida 2A title next week.

Way to represent the Bluegrass! Kentucky doesn't have the reputation as a great high school football state but our best can handle the some of the best that other states have to offer.

But Kentucky football is weak compared to these other elite states............

Detect my sarcasm---

Sarcasm detected. I’m with you.

At the threat of getting this thread off-topic, I just have to mention that Kentucky high school football (the KHSAA in particular) does a bad job of producing the state finals. I’m sitting here watching wall-to-wall football today and have seen parts of championship games from Indiana, Illinois and Michigan. The Kentucky finals pale in comparison to what I’ve seen today. I also will watch the Tennessee games next week and they, too are so much better than what we have. I hope it’s different this year, but I doubt it.

At the threat of getting this thread off-topic, I just have to mention that Kentucky high school football (the KHSAA in particular) does a bad job of producing the state finals. I’m sitting here watching wall-to-wall football today and have seen parts of championship games from Indiana, Illinois and Michigan. The Kentucky finals pale in comparison to what I’ve seen today. I also will watch the Tennessee games next week and they, too are so much better than what we have. I hope it’s different this year, but I doubt it.

Why don't you start another thread and tell about what other states do to make their championships better. I think many, including myself, would like to hear it.

I was going to post the same thing. They have FREE professional coverage of State Championships in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee, and others that others can enjoy. For goodness sakes Ohio has coverage of playoffs on TV in high quality. I understand that we may not be able to do this for playoffs and thank goodness for the high quality that some high school’s offer streaming online, but we have to pay to watch poor quality streaming for our State Championships. I’d imagine there may even be a few scholarships offered from what a scout may see just watching these games on TV even if it is a small school.... sad IMO.....

Why don't you start another thread and tell about what other states do to make their championships better. I think many, including myself, would like to hear it.

Good idea, Ram. The more I think about it, this may be a better off-season topic. I’ll bring it up later.

Some of our Kentucky state finalists have some big wins over out of state teams that are still playing:

Mayfield beat Union City TN 41-0 to start the season. Union City is playing for the Tennessee 2A title next week.

Corbin beat Alcoa TN 22-21 and Alcoa is playing for the Tennessee 3A title next week.

Johnson Central beat Capital WV 31-20 and Capital is playing today in the West Virginia 3A semifinals.

Trinity beat Champagnat Catholic FL 28-7 and CC is playing for the Florida 2A title next week.

Way to represent the Bluegrass! Kentucky doesn't have the reputation as a great high school football state but our best can handle the some of the best that other states have to offer.

Alcoa won the Tennessee 3A title over Covington 31-20.

Union City won the Tennessee 2A title today over Tyner in double overtime 27-21.