Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Northern Ky Preseason Coaches Poll

Featured Replies

* I think the top 4 are exactly as I would have them going into the season. From #5 on down those could switch up and down a lot during the season because I think there will be a lot of parity after the top 3 or 4 teams. Just my opinion.

 

1. Cov Cath (4) 58

2. Cooper (2) 56

3. Newport 39

4. Newport Catholic 34

5. Campbell Co 32

6. Simon Kenton 29

7. Walton-Verona 27

8. Scott 16

9. Holmes 12

10. Dixie Heights 7

  • Replies 41
  • Views 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the list. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Newport competes with some of the top teams.

Bucket list....attend the Cov Cath and Cooper game this year. As much as everyone on BGP talks about these two teams, it is a must watch this year.

I know its all speculation at this point but I'd put Walton at number 3 and move the others down a spot.

I did think it was interesting that Walton Verona is 1 and Simon Kenton 5 on the BGP preview for 8th region but Simon Kenton 6 and Walton Verona 7 on this.

I would move Verona up also, probably to #4 (maybe 3) and shift everyone below them down one.

 

If you look at the voting, there is a big drop after #2 and another big drop after #7 - which I think is right on par with how the teams will finish up.

WV at 5 but nothing further.

 

Its a shame Highlands has been missing from the Top 10 for the past like 7 yrs?

No one has seen Walton-Verona at full strength with Stanley on the floor and in their first scrimmage they were missing Stanley and Jones, 2 very good scoring threats. I think people are holding out until they see them at full strength.

WV at 5 but nothing further.

 

Its a shame Highlands has been missing from the Top 10 for the past like 7 yrs?

 

Someone who shall remain nameless told me that HHS is now a baseball school.

This also shows that only 6 coaches voted. Can’t put much stock into it.

Walton must be better than I thought they were going to be.

 

Keep an eye on Beechwood, they have the potential to make rhe regional tournament.

Walton must be better than I thought they were going to be.

 

Keep an eye on Beechwood, they have the potential to make rhe regional tournament.

 

Nice call re. Beechwood's potential to make Regionals. Who wants to predict the 9th Region Tournament teams? I would go with:

 

Newport & NCC

CCH & Beechwood

Dixie and Lloyd

Cooper and Boone

Nice call re. Beechwood's potential to make Regionals. Who wants to predict the 9th Region Tournament teams? I would go with:

 

Newport & NCC

CCH & Beechwood

Dixie and Lloyd

Cooper and Boone

 

Cov Cath and Holmes makes regionl. Holmes has better players and coach.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.