November 21, 20178 yr You're Troy, you're down 8 with 1:05 left after a 3-point play, you still have 1-and-1 FT fouls to give, and after the made FT you fall back into a half court defense against a team that was just 3-for-15 on FT last game. Are you kidding?
November 21, 20178 yr Unless Vanderbilt is a phenomenal player I have a dull feeling inside my tummy about UK’s season and tournament hopes. The Texas A&M team I saw tonight vs Oklahoma State will chew them up and spit them out.
November 21, 20178 yr Author Take of two halves played pretty well first half. Second half last 8 minutes terrible outscored 15-4.
November 21, 20178 yr Unless Vanderbilt is a phenomenal player I have a dull feeling inside my tummy about UK’s season and tournament hopes. The Texas A&M team I saw tonight vs Oklahoma State will chew them up and spit them out. Agree on all points.
November 21, 20178 yr Unless Vanderbilt is a phenomenal player I have a dull feeling inside my tummy about UK’s season and tournament hopes. The Texas A&M team I saw tonight vs Oklahoma State will chew them up and spit them out. Exactly, Not only A&M. Florida, Bama, UGA, Ark. are all imo playing better than U.K. right now. The SEC is going to be one of the best conferences in America this season and I can see U.K. finishing 4th in the SEC right now.
November 21, 20178 yr It is early people. Give them time to jell. Just enjoy the ride. You're right. Patience is not one of the qualities that U.K. fans are known for. Myself included at times.
November 21, 20178 yr It is early people. Give them time to jell. Just enjoy the ride. Yes, it's November and a bunch of freshmen and inexperienced sophomores and juniors are 4-1 overall. They competed with Kansas and had opportunities to win and have beaten a couple of solid mid-major teams. It's a process that fans should understand by now. It takes a minute to bring high school kids into the next level.
November 21, 20178 yr After a very good 1st half, building a 21 pt. lead and just when you think that this team is about to "get it" ...(what Cal has been teaching, playing for team instead of self and closing teams out / finishing).... we get the 2nd half and the complete opposite. U.K. was playing good defense, were rebounding well, passing the ball in the 1st half and revert back to being lazy on defense, not guarding people or getting on the glass like they were earlier. This ultra young U.K. team has a few more of these games (against what should be inferior teams) left before the schedule gets to Louisville, then going straight into tough SEC / conference play. Hopefully, they will get there by March, tournaments ....SEC / NCAA.
November 21, 20178 yr I'm glad that Richards has started to be more aggressive on the boards. Just need him to make sure he isn't picking up dumb fouls by going over the back of the opponents.
November 21, 20178 yr The potential for this team defensively is what gives me hope they could win a few games in the tournament.
November 21, 20178 yr Unless Vanderbilt is a phenomenal player I have a dull feeling inside my tummy about UK’s season and tournament hopes. The Texas A&M team I saw tonight vs Oklahoma State will chew them up and spit them out. It's a huge difference. At the least, he gives you a 5th legitimate scorer (maybe your leading scorer by the end of the year). It will take 5 minutes per game away from Wynyard, Richards, Gabriel and SKJ. Agree with you about A&M--Williams is a load inside and Hogg can score--they are good this year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.