Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 70 Troy 62

Featured Replies

The potential for this team defensively is what gives me hope they could win a few games in the tournament.

 

I agree and think that they could be a very good pressing team. Last night, the t.v. commentators mentioned that Cal had said that he wanted to press, see how they looked but that didn't happen.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, it's November and a bunch of freshmen and inexperienced sophomores and juniors are 4-1 overall. They competed with Kansas and had opportunities to win and have beaten a couple of solid mid-major teams.

 

It's a process that fans should understand by now. It takes a minute to bring high school kids into the next level.

 

Well said my friend.

With Cal the Great in charge this team will get no better throughout this season......would like to see what a real coach could do with this bunch and previous teams Cal has destroyed

The SEC is going to be one of the best conferences in America this season

 

Agreed, I think the SEC will end up either being the 3rd or 4th best league, which is an improvement from where it has been recently.

With Cal the Great in charge this team will get no better throughout this season......would like to see what a real coach could do with this bunch and previous teams Cal has destroyed

 

Yea his teams never improve throughout the year.

 

Come on you know better than that.

Yes, it's November and a bunch of freshmen and inexperienced sophomores and juniors are 4-1 overall. They competed with Kansas and had opportunities to win and have beaten a couple of solid mid-major teams.

 

It's a process that fans should understand by now. It takes a minute to bring high school kids into the next level.

 

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Yea his teams never improve throughout the year.

 

Come on you know better than that.

Not the coach for me when it comes down to actually making changes offensively and defensively throughout the season and post season......has never, ever done that well and this year will be no different.....talks about making changes and never happens....just trying to pacify BBN and then goes back to his very limited knowledge of coaching and does the same ole dribble drive and man defense.....this team needs some real guidance and Cal just isn't the answer

^ :lol2: It never gets old. Oh yeah it actually does. Same as the last 8 years you have been saying those things.

^ :lol2: It never gets old. Oh yeah it actually does. Same as the last 8 years you have been saying those things.
What has Cal done to make you a fan of his......Am I totally wrong with my analysis of his coaching attributes or are you just a typical Cal is great guy?
What has Cal done to make you a fan of his......Am I totally wrong with my analysis of his coaching attributes or are you just a typical Cal is great guy?

 

I HATE UK but I will say you are wrong with your analysis. While I don't think Cal is the best x-and-o guy there is, he can coach. To take new players every year and more often than not make a deep run tells you right there he can coach.

 

You look at how his team are vastly improved after "Camp Cal" (or whatever he calls it) and that tells you he can coach.

 

Has he had some mess ups? He has. What coach hasn't?

What has Cal done to make you a fan of his......Am I totally wrong with my analysis of his coaching attributes or are you just a typical Cal is great guy?

 

If I could interject nikeman49, He too has frustrated me in the past. But I give a lot of slack because I remember the frustrating years of the late 00's and UK is as productive as ever in results. 1 Title, 3 other Final Fours, 2 other Elite Eights out of 8 years. That's pretty good.

 

I still think his loyalty to the Harrisons at the end of the Game cost the 2015 title, and having no ability to zone UConn in '14 truly hurt. But then I recall how fortunate the wins were for the 2014 run. And even Bobby Knight and Dean Smith and Coach K have lost with the "best team" in the tourney far shorter than the Final Four.

 

I think this will be a great challenge but 2011 and 2014 taught me to not count out Cal's teams. :thumb:

If I could interject nikeman49, He too has frustrated me in the past. But I give a lot of slack because I remember the frustrating years of the late 00's and UK is as productive as ever in results. 1 Title, 3 other Final Fours, 2 other Elite Eights out of 8 years. That's pretty good.

 

I still think his loyalty to the Harrisons at the end of the Game cost the 2015 title, and having no ability to zone UConn in '14 truly hurt. But then I recall how fortunate the wins were for the 2014 run. And even Bobby Knight and Dean Smith and Coach K have lost with the "best team" in the tourney far shorter than the Final Four.

 

I think this will be a great challenge but 2011 and 2014 taught me to not count out Cal's teams. :thumb:

I respect your opinion and insight......we shall see on this year
I respect your opinion and insight......we shall see on this year

 

Yeah, I've been wrong enough to know that it could be a long season too. Have a great Turkey day nikeman!!

Yeah, I've been wrong enough to know that it could be a long season too. Have a great Turkey day nikeman!!
U too!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.