Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#6 Paris vs. #5 Raceland (1A Second Round)

Who wins? 53 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I think it's the most highly anticipated game of the 2nd Rd. Few others like Doss vs Montgomery, Johnson Central vs Scott, and Danville vs Somerset are intriguing games. Don't know if that makes it the best game but I'll be listening to this one.

  • Replies 133
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

I shall be following this one too.

Raceland is a good team. Paris has to play lights out to win on both sides of the ball.

Playing a transfer doesn't necessarily mean they're worried IMO. It just means the kid didn't become eligible until now.
:thumb: Yes, I know that. I was just cutting up, trying to get a response .....and it worked. :lol2:

 

 

 

psst, are you sure about that .:sssh: :sneaky:..??

Best game of the 2nd round?

 

I'm not that familiar with all of the other divisions but I would say that this is the best / most competitive game in 1A this week !

My stepdad played for Paris, he has dimentia now so he doesn't really remember playing for Paris these days, but I still remember the storys he told years ago.. Paris is a great program, as well as Raceland is a great program. It's hard for me to pick a winner for this one but I really think Raceland wins a close one.

Best game of the 2nd round?

 

I think it's the most highly anticipated game of the 2nd Rd. Few others like Doss vs Montgomery, Johnson Central vs Scott, and Danville vs Somerset are intriguing games. Don't know if that makes it the best game but I'll be listening to this one.

 

I'm not that familiar with all of the other divisions but I would say that this is the best / most competitive game in 1A this week !

 

There are several good 2nd round matchups in 1A:

 

Louisville Holy Cross at Kentucky Country Day

Pikeville at Williamsburg

Russellville at Campbellsville

 

I do agree though that the Paris / Raceland game might be the most intriguing of those.

Common Foe Bishop Brossart,

Rushing yds

Paris 315

Raceland 306

 

Passing yds

Paris 193

Raceland 174

 

Rushing yds yielded

Paris 27 on 27 attempts

Raceland -23 on 14 attempts

 

Passing yds yielded

Paris 129 on 8/17

Raceland 222 on 23/39

 

Bishop Brossart total plays

against Paris 35

against Raceland 53

 

Stats do not mean anything just something to talk about. This game could be a Classic with a lot of exciting offensive plays and big defensive stops. Looking forward to it in a sea of orange at Blanton Collier Stadium.

My stepdad played for Paris, he has dimentia now so he doesn't really remember playing for Paris these days, but I still remember the storys he told years ago.. Paris is a great program, as well as Raceland is a great program. It's hard for me to pick a winner for this one but I really think Raceland wins a close one.

 

I'm sorry to hear about your stepdad. I know exactly what you're going through. I was blessed to get to coach at the middle school one year during Randy Reese's second tenure at Paris. I was truly blessed for that. The other three assistance coaches all played at Paris and were on state championship teams. None of them had ever lost a home game in high school as a player. I loved the tradition there. I hope Paris takes this game. I will always be a Greyhound fan.

Raceland is a good team. Paris has to play lights out to win on both sides of the ball.

 

You can say the same thing for Raceland they gotta play lights out to win this game also.

Raceland would have to play lights out against a team like Paintsville to win. Raceland just has to play like Raceland. Paris will of had two weeks to prepare for them.

Raceland who have "struggled on offense" had 35 points in the first half against Brossart, along with a pick six. That should concern Offensive juggernaut Paris.

[/b]

 

Had no idea Towles was OC or even in the Lexington area for that matter, didn't

he finish his college career in Boston and tried out for multiple NFL teams. Does he have ties to the Paris area?

 

His family moved to Paris shortly after Towles started at UK. There is actually a story in the Lexington Herald today about Patrick that talks about his role at Paris.

I think Raceland has a very good team that can play defense and score. Their running backs, Both Adkins & Lacky, are hard Runners. Paris only had 28 pts at halftime against Bishop Brossart but Paris also scored 27 pts in a flash in the 3rd Qtr. I am satisfied this will be an exciting and hard hitting game full of exceptional plays, offensively & defensively. Looking forward to it. I think Paris will win.

Raceland would have to play lights out against a team like Paintsville to win. Raceland just has to play like Raceland. Paris will of had two weeks to prepare for them.

Raceland who have "struggled on offense" had 35 points in the first half against Brossart, along with a pick six. That should concern Offensive juggernaut Paris.

 

Are you like a fan favorite of every team Paris plays or something? Like where your parents Paris haters too?

Raceland is a good team. Paris has to play lights out to win on both sides of the ball.

 

I’m not one for comparing common opponents because anything can happen on any given day!!! I am not sure why Paris would have to play lights out to win this game. Paris beat Brossart 62-14 during the regular season all be it at home. Raceland beat Brossart 55-14 and yes it was on the road but I truly believe this game is a pick em and it will come down to one of the last plays that will make or break either team. I just don’t understand how anyone can believe that Paris has to have some sort of super human performance to compete with Raceland. Against Paintsville probably because they have showed to be head and shoulders better than any other team in that Region. I hope this game lives up to the hype. Can’t wait to follow on here. Will make sure my phone is charged fully on Friday before Beechwood’s game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.