Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#6 Paris vs. #5 Raceland (1A Second Round)

Who wins? 53 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author

Taking a look back at history of a similar game and that was Paris vs Fairview. I stated in that game thread Fairview had to show me they could win on the road against a good team. Which Paris ended up Winning that game. This game is similar to me because after I look at it Fairview that year had 1 solid road win and that was against Raceland. This year Raceland has 1 solid win and it was against Russell.

 

Now I'm not stating that Raceland won't win this game or they can't. It just seems like a similar scenario from 2015 that could happen again....

 

Im also not stating Paris will win either.

I think also read that strange things happen in Paris...

 

Another difference in this game is Raceland is very solid defensively and average on offense, while that Fairview team was solid offensively but average defensively. The rankings are similar as well. Seems like a rare case of deja vu.

  • Replies 133
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bourbon County beat Somerset and I believe Paris is the better team in this town just my opinion...but we will see come Friday. I'm loving the build up for this game!

 

I don't think Paris is better than Bourbon. I don't know any circumstances from the first game but I feel comfortable saying that if Bourbon and Somerset played today the result would be very different.

Here is the problem with comparing opponents. Bourbon beat Somerset by 7. Somerset beat Raceland by 3. Raceland beat Greenup 24-0 shutting out a high powered offense. Bourbon barely hung on to beat Greenup in a shootout 34-30. Matchups change things and teams evolve throughout the season.

Here is the problem with comparing opponents. Bourbon beat Somerset by 7. Somerset beat Raceland by 3. Raceland beat Greenup 24-0 shutting out a high powered offense. Bourbon barely hung on to beat Greenup in a shootout 34-30. Matchups change things and teams evolve throughout the season.

 

Here's the problem with games being not as close as the score indicates. Greenup at Bourbon wasn't nearly as close as 34-30. Greenup scored on a fluke fumble recovery, was gifted a TD right before halftime when the runner clearly didn't cross the goal line and finally at the end, Bourbon was playing a prevent defense and Greenup scored with under a minute left. The score realistically should have been 34-10.

Taking a look back at history of a similar game and that was Paris vs Fairview. I stated in that game thread Fairview had to show me they could win on the road against a good team. Which Paris ended up Winning that game. This game is similar to me because after I look at it Fairview that year had 1 solid road win and that was against Raceland. This year Raceland has 1 solid win and it was against Russell.

 

I have to disagree here. The win over Greenup was a better win for Raceland.

What kind of depth does Paris have? Raceland is capable of playing a lot of bodies for a 1A school. Could be a big factor this Friday.

Here's the problem with games being not as close as the score indicates. Greenup at Bourbon wasn't nearly as close as 34-30. Greenup scored on a fluke fumble recovery, was gifted a TD right before halftime when the runner clearly didn't cross the goal line and finally at the end, Bourbon was playing a prevent defense and Greenup scored with under a minute left. The score realistically should have been 34-10.

 

I can do that with every game we lost. Doesn't change the fact that we lost. I can do that with every game we won and why we should have won by more. Doesn't change the score.

  • Author
I have to disagree here. The win over Greenup was a better win for Raceland.

 

I'm sorry I meant to put Road win.

46 hours and counting...

  • Author

What's the word on the the Renfro kid?

Paris versus Raceland's regular season schedule per calpreps.com:

 

Paris 35 Lawrence County 19

Ashland 35 Paris 21

Paris 35 West Carter 17

Paris 28 Greenup County 27

Paris 31 Valley OH 20

Portsmouth West OH 31 Paris 14

Somerset 28 Paris 13

Paris 44 Fairview 13

Paintsville 35 Paris 14

Paris 28 Russell 21

 

Guess what? Paris is 6-4 just like Raceland. Same 6 wins and same 4 losses.

 

Oh yeah, on this other one mentioned ... Paris 28 Bourbon County 27

 

Bottom line for me is Paris is the underdog but they are capable of beating Raceland. Buckle 'em up and let's go. Should be a good one.

What's the word on the the Renfro kid?

 

Paris versus Raceland's regular season schedule per calpreps.com:

 

Paris 35 Lawrence County 19

Ashland 35 Paris 21

Paris 35 West Carter 17

Paris 28 Greenup County 27

Paris 31 Valley OH 20

Portsmouth West OH 31 Paris 14

Somerset 28 Paris 13

Paris 44 Fairview 13

Paintsville 35 Paris 14

Paris 28 Russell 21

 

Guess what? Paris is 6-4 just like Raceland. Same 6 wins and same 4 losses.

 

Oh yeah, on this other one mentioned ... Paris 28 Bourbon County 27

 

Bottom line for me is Paris is the underdog but they are capable of beating Raceland. Buckle 'em up and let's go. Should be a good one.

 

In real life I don't think it would go that way. Anyway it will be Friday night soon and everyone's eyes will be opened.

Reality check!

In real life I don't think it would go that way. Anyway it will be Friday night soon and everyone's eyes will be opened.

Reality check!

 

It is a closer game than you want to believe. Raceland is a 2 TD favorite but Paris is one big play and one turnover from winning the game.

I don't believe it is that close of a game. I have watched a lot of film on paris as I have everyone else we have played this year. They have some good athletes but dont do anything that stands out. You can tell on film that they are the beneficiary of playing a lot of bad teams. If I am wrong I will be the first to admit it. They have not played a defense anywhere near what we do. Their best plays are jet sweeps and toss sweeps. Good luck with that! In my opinion they cant score enough to win. Our offense is supposed to be our weak link and it is not on the level of our defense for sure. From what I have seen on film I have no reason to believe we will not move the ball and score against Paris defense. Our two lowest scoring games of the year were 0 against Ashland and 13 against Somerset. If anyone believes that Paris D is on the level of either of them you're delusional. Anyway I am not trying to knock their program, they have had a great year. They just are not yet where they think they are.

Reality check!

Edited by Tmh55
Spelling

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.