Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#6 Paris vs. #5 Raceland (1A Second Round)

Who wins? 53 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Are you like a fan favorite of every team Paris plays or something? Like where your parents Paris haters too?

 

Yes, I come from a long line of Paris haters. My great grandfather was said to of coined the phrase "Greyhound Down" . I too, hope one day my children will be Paris haters, like those before me. Go Rams!

 

*Alvin Sims is cool though, and when I was at Morehead St. Chez Marks put it down. Other than that, I'm a hater.

  • Replies 133
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really believe that Shuttlesworth longs to be a Greyhound but is afraid he won’t be accepted. Come sit with us, eat, drink & be “Greyhound Up”.

Yes, I come from a long line of Paris haters. My great grandfather was said to of coined the phrase "Greyhound Down" . I too, hope one day my children will be Paris haters, like those before me. Go Rams!

 

*Alvin Sims is cool though, and when I was at Morehead St. Chez Marks put it down. Other than that, I'm a hater.

 

A hater is a hater. Alvin and chez wouldn't approve so no need to bandwagon anyone from Paris since hating is your profession. We good over here. #parispride

  • Author

The poll is neck and neck!!!

I am actually fascinated by this. Go to any thread about SK and see them get ripped because of the schedule they play. Paris are apparently world beaters for doing the same thing. I said before that Paris can win. On a given night in high school football who knows what could happen. The more film I watch the more I believe they won't.

Reality check!

 

Stats do not mean anything just something to talk about. This game could be a Classic with a lot of exciting offensive plays and big defensive stops. Looking forward to it in a sea of orange at Blanton Collier Stadium.

 

One other factor is that as for Raceland, I know that the JV plus some of the Fr. team played from around the 6-7 min. mark of the 3rd qtr. on to the end of the game. I am sure the Raceland numbers would've been much higher if 1st team played the entire contest. Of course, looking at the Paris / Brossart score I am probably safe in saying that Paris reserves played a lot as well.

One other factor is that as for Raceland, I know that the JV plus some of the Fr. team played from around the 6-7 min. mark of the 3rd qtr. on to the end of the game. I am sure the Raceland numbers would've been much higher if 1st team played the entire contest. Of course, looking at the Paris / Brossart score I am probably safe in saying that Paris reserves played a lot as well.

 

Paris' reserves are offensive weapons, so there is literally no end to scoring when they go in. Raceland has played 4 teams, miles ahead of Paris.

 

Paris has played 10 games, 6 of those teams have a losing record and combined for a total of 14 wins.

 

But in Paris' eyes a 55-21 victory over a dismal 2A Carroll County, is better than Raceland's 3 point loss to 2A Somerset(who lost to Beechwood 7-0). Look at all the teams Paris put points up on, now look at how many other teams also put up points on them.

 

For instance in Carroll County's 7 losses they gave up 45 points a game, Paris put 55. In Paris' highest output they put up 62, Brossart gives up an average of 42 points per game in their losses. Everyone put up points on Harrison Co. Berea. Even regardless if they won or loss, Ludlow gave up 30 points a game on average.

 

So is Paris' offense really potent? Or is it because they're playing really bad teams, and running it up?

Paris football program is work in progress. 5-6 in 2016. Picked 4th in District at beginning of season, most predictions would have been 5-5 or 6-4 at best. Paris has good group of Seniors who will play hard. Raceland is good team, good numbers, well coached, good opportunity for Paris. Shuttlesworth looks from his posts that he is obsessed with Paris, kind of sad to root so hard against a team of 30 young men playing football.

Paris football program is work in progress. 5-6 in 2016. Picked 4th in District at beginning of season, most predictions would have been 5-5 or 6-4 at best. Paris has good group of Seniors who will play hard. Raceland is good team, good numbers, well coached, good opportunity for Paris. Shuttlesworth looks from his posts that he is obsessed with Paris, kind of sad to root so hard against a team of 30 young men playing football.

 

Nope just being constructive with my criticism, giving fact based opinions. I've never put down a kid, but this what these discussions are for. When you have Paris fans gloating how many offensive weapons, how good there D is, etc... I'm going to come in and look at it from another angle. There are many other threads with teams were people do this also, you should look into it. But I only get told I'm a "hater" and no facts are given back to me on how Paris is going to win this game or why they belong amongst the elites. And like I said in the Bracken/Fairview thread, this district had only one playoff victory in the current alignment. Paris has some nice athletes Maggard is a gamer, Johnson may be the best 2 sport Athlete in 1A. But we're talking a totally different game when it comes to Raceland.

Paris' reserves are offensive weapons, so there is literally no end to scoring when they go in. Raceland has played 4 teams, miles ahead of Paris.

 

Paris has played 10 games, 6 of those teams have a losing record and combined for a total of 14 wins.

 

But in Paris' eyes a 55-21 victory over a dismal 2A Carroll County, is better than Raceland's 3 point loss to 2A Somerset(who lost to Beechwood 7-0). Look at all the teams Paris put points up on, now look at how many other teams also put up points on them.

 

For instance in Carroll County's 7 losses they gave up 45 points a game, Paris put 55. In Paris' highest output they put up 62, Brossart gives up an average of 42 points per game in their losses. Everyone put up points on Harrison Co. Berea. Even regardless if they won or loss, Ludlow gave up 30 points a game on average.

 

So is Paris' offense really potent? Or is it because they're playing really bad teams, and running it up?

 

What 4 teams are miles ahead of paris? And if they didn't win any of those games all it tell me is you don't know how good Raceland is either til they actually beat one of those teams. Paris could play those 4 teams and look the same as Raceland did.

What 4 teams are miles ahead of paris? And if they didn't win any of those games all it tell me is you don't know how good Raceland is either til they actually beat one of those teams. Paris could play those 4 teams and look the same as Raceland did.

 

No, no they couldn't. Paintsville, Ashland, Somerset, Portsmouth West would work Paris. Are all very good teams, Paris is a decent team. Again no Paris fan can give me any examples that they deserve to be put in the upper Tier of 1A. It will be highly evident come Friday. It's not like Ashland, Paintsville, Somerset, and Portsmouth don't have game changing athletes.

I would say it is 5 or 6 teams. Paris within 14 against Ashland? No! Paris within 6 of Somerset? No! Within 6 of P. West? No! Within 18 of Paintsville? No! Beat Greenup or Russell? No! I would probably even say Lawrence Co is stronger. Everyone getting defensive with shuttle all he is doing is stating facts. Paris MAY be really good but they have yet to prove it.

Reality check!

I would say it is 5 or 6 teams. Paris within 14 against Ashland? No! Paris within 6 of Somerset? No! Within 6 of P. West? No! Within 18 of Paintsville? No! Beat Greenup or Russell? No! I would probably even say Lawrence Co is stronger. Everyone getting defensive with shuttle all he is doing is stating facts. Paris MAY be really good but they have yet to prove it.

Reality check!

 

Bourbon County beat Somerset and I believe Paris is the better team in this town just my opinion...but we will see come Friday. I'm loving the build up for this game!

  • Author
Bourbon County beat Somerset and I believe Paris is the better team in this town just my opinion...but we will see come Friday. I'm loving the build up for this game!

 

They did. That was the first game of the season and I'm sure Bourbon and Somerset aren't the same team.

This thread will probably increase the attendance at the Paris/Raceland game by 400 or 500 people. Hope everyone can make it. It’s gonna be a good one.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.