Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#6 Paris vs. #5 Raceland (1A Second Round)

Who wins? 53 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
What's the word on the the Renfro kid?

 

The kid has been added to the roster. I believe he is a junior though.

  • Replies 133
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does not matter if he plays, Raceland has seen players better than him this year, Paintsville, Ashland, Somerset, Portsmouth OH, Patriots etc...

What makes the Renfro kid a concern to Raceland? All that I can find is that he was an 8th grade All Star and is already a Junior. Looks like he has decent size though.

Exactly. No big deal.

 

I sense a hint of sarcasm...anyone from Knox Central or Bourbon Co. have any info on the him? I sense he is an athlete, just don't see any jaw dropping stats.

I sense a hint of sarcasm...anyone from Knox Central or Bourbon Co. have any info on the him? I sense he is an athlete, just don't see any jaw dropping stats.

 

Following the lead.

Following the lead.

 

He's a gamer. No eligible til next Friday to actually play. Focused on Raceland right now with 28 hours to kickoff. Gonna be a cold Friday night in paris.

  • Author
He's a gamer. No eligible til next Friday to actually play. Focused on Raceland right now with 28 hours to kickoff. Gonna be a cold Friday night in paris.

 

Guess Paris will have to win for him to get to play..

Paris versus Raceland's regular season schedule per calpreps.com:

 

Paris 35 Lawrence County 19

Ashland 35 Paris 21

Paris 35 West Carter 17

Paris 28 Greenup County 27

Paris 31 Valley OH 20

Portsmouth West OH 31 Paris 14

Somerset 28 Paris 13

Paris 44 Fairview 13

Paintsville 35 Paris 14

Paris 28 Russell 21

 

Guess what? Paris is 6-4 just like Raceland. Same 6 wins and same 4 losses.

 

Oh yeah, on this other one mentioned ... Paris 28 Bourbon County 27

 

Bottom line for me is Paris is the underdog but they are capable of beating Raceland. Buckle 'em up and let's go. Should be a good one.

 

Sometimes I like calpreps as a reference, other times I do not, especially when it comes to their projected scores. I won't go into all of those games but an Ashland fan I can give some thought's on that one. Harlan County in the season opener (Ashland is a completely different team now) and Greenup County are the only two teams that have managed to score more than 18 points (Johnson Central scored 18) on Ashland's defense this season. Greenup County has a nice passing attack which led to a lot of their scores in that one, however it was also the game prior to JC and I felt like it was a potential trap game prior to it ever being played.

 

I would be really surprised if Paris would score 21 on Ashland if the two teams played, so it makes me wonder about the other "projected" scores for Paris. IMO, this one will be a really close game, but I feel like the Ram's are battle tested and it will show in the final score.

  • Author
Sometimes I like calpreps as a reference, other times I do not, especially when it comes to their projected scores. I won't go into all of those games but an Ashland fan I can give some thought's on that one. Harlan County in the season opener (Ashland is a completely different team now) and Greenup County are the only two teams that have managed to score more than 18 points (Johnson Central scored 18) on Ashland's defense this season. Greenup County has a nice passing attack which led to a lot of their scores in that one, however it was also the game prior to JC and I felt like it was a potential trap game prior to it ever being played.

 

I would be really surprised if Paris would score 21 on Ashland if the two teams played, so it makes me wonder about the other "projected" scores for Paris. IMO, this one will be a really close game, but I feel like the Ram's are battle tested and it will show in the final score.

 

I've heard teams improve an tremendous amount from the first game to the second one...

  • Author

I referenced yesterday how I thought this game was similar to the Fairview and Paris game in 2015. I think Raceland needs to come out and put some points up first before Paris does. The game being at Paris and them scoring first and maybe forcing a turnover early could boost their team moral and keep them motivated the whole game. I think Raceland needs to stop that from happening and punch them in the mouth with that run game

and even run the wild Ram with Adkins.

I referenced yesterday how I thought this game was similar to the Fairview and Paris game in 2015. I think Raceland needs to come out and put some points up first before Paris does. The game being at Paris and them scoring first and maybe forcing a turnover early could boost their team moral and keep them motivated the whole game. I think Raceland needs to stop that from happening and punch them in the mouth with that run game

and even run the wild Ram with Adkins.

 

True enough, yet I think Raceland was the better team that year, If I recall Fairview won that game on the last play of the game, was a big upset. I think that 2015 Paris was better than this years team. I think this year's Raceland team is better then the 2015 Fairview, Paris, and Raceland. But yet it goes to show you if Raceland overlooks Paris, then you'll get the Fairview result from '15.

I've heard teams improve an tremendous amount from the first game to the second one...

 

I get what you're getting at. I was just saying I can't take those Calpreps numbers seriously, Paris wouldn't score 21 on Ashland, Johnson Central failed to do that and they're on a completely different level than Paris. While Raceland didn't score against Ashland, there were times that they moved the ball well and had opportunities to score. Calpreps has nothing to do with my prediction and I think it will be a close game, those "predicted outcomes" just seemed flawed to me on this one.

 

I'll leave it at that because I didn't intend for this to become and Ashland/Calpreps thread when I stated that earlier. This should be a really good game IMO and either team could win it and honestly with both being ranked so closely and Paris playing at home, they should be the favorite. I believe that tough schedules and close games prepare you for games like this though which is why I predict a Ram's win on the road.

Good Luck to the Rams tomorrow night.

 

Raceland 38

 

Paris 21

I'll take Paris because Towels is calling plays..

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.