Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The BEST teams not to win

Featured Replies

Did you see Baltimore Boys on ESPN...the closest game they had all year was against Carlisle County in the 1982 King of the BluegrassChampionship...17 points. Dunbar was the 1982-83 National Champions...three first round NBA draft picks...nine Division I players.

 

 

Yes I did.

and it was a single digit game in the 4th quarter.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That Carlisle team finished 40-4 that year.

 

I still have our recording of that game. Still seems incredible.

Madisonville in 1988 (29-4) and '89 (30-5) had terrific teams with Travis Ford. Only 4 of 9 total losses came to Kentucky teams.

I always felt those two Madisonville teams should have fared better at the Sweet 16

I still have our recording of that game. Still seems incredible.

 

How good is the quality?

Did you see Baltimore Boys on ESPN...the closest game they had all year was against Carlisle County in the 1982 King of the BluegrassChampionship...17 points. Dunbar was the 1982-83 National Champions...three first round NBA draft picks...nine Division I players.

 

Back when it was held in Lexington. :)

I always felt those two Madisonville teams should have fared better at the Sweet 16

 

1-3 during the three year stretch. I recall they had a european big man, Alan Bearman.

What a mistake in the research department at ESPN. If you don't know...they mentioned the KOB but said " Dunbar played in the King of the Bluegrass tournament in Lexington, Kenucky." The KOB has always been at Fairdale High School and it will never move to another site...this December will be the 37th.

What a mistake in the research department at ESPN. If you don't know...they mentioned the KOB but said " Dunbar played in the King of the Bluegrass tournament in Lexington, Kenucky." The KOB has always been at Fairdale High School and it will never move to another site...this December will be the 37th.

 

I moved to Louisville 34 years ago and have made it out to Fairdale for at least part of the KOB most of the years I have lived here. A tremendous event. Please keep them coming, Coach.

00'-01' NewCath ( Ronny Dawn senior season) returned all but 1 starter from team year before that won region. Upset by Connor i believe in Region tournament. Highlands went on to win the 9th that season.

00'-01' NewCath ( Ronny Dawn senior season) returned all but 1 starter from team year before that won region. Upset by Connor i believe in Region tournament. Highlands went on to win the 9th that season.

 

Honestly Scott probably should've won the 9th Region that year. They had beaten NCC in the regular season and was ranked in the top 15 in the state. If Jamie Medved had not gotten hurt at the end of the regular season against Conner, I believe it would've been the Eagles that went to Rupp that year.

How good is the quality?

 

I PM'ed you my email address. If you would like to have an audio sample, I'll send it to you.

1989 Louisville Valley team---lost in the Regional Final to eventual state champ PRP. Beat PRP in 6OT in the semifinals of the LIT that year.

Edited by mwthrasher
forgot info

2007/08 Bryan Station team. Shelvin Mack, Dacoby Burnett, Terrell Combs, Montell Morones. Very fun team to watch.

 

Only loses on the season were to Mason Co. first game of the season & a loss to Scott Co. They lost in the Region finals to Lexington Catholic.

 

More than one person has told me that Shelvin had the flu that game.

 

Catholic went on to lose to Holmes in the Sweet 16 semifinals & Mason Co. won it all.

This is past everyone’s time. But I truly believe is was the 1944 Brooksville Polar Bears. Adolph Rupp said they were one of the greatest high school basketball teams he had ever seen play. He said individually they were average, but when they played together they were outstanding. That’s why he offered all 5 starters scholarships to Kentucky, hasn’t been done before, and hasn’t been done since. Adolph Rupp signed five starters from Brooksville in 1944 | Sports perspectives with ron bailey | maysville-online.com

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.