October 30, 20178 yr John Ross. He will fix this offense next week. Marvin said he only dressed this week because Core was hurt? What kind of franchise doesn't make their top 10 pick part of the gameplan? I just don't get it. You see other teams do great playing young talent. If Ross is healthy he needs to be playing. I wanted OJ Howard but they got Ross for a reason. There is no reason a top 10 pick shouldn't play if he is healthy. Also William Jackson needs to be the starting corner over Pacman even if Pacman gets fully healthy. Jackson I think is going to be the best 1st round corner they have taken under Marvin. Better than Leon Hall, Joseph, etc
October 30, 20178 yr For what it's worth AJ Green not happy with offensive line. "We can't have Andy hit like that," A.J. Green said. "That’s tough because you’re not going to win without that guy. We have to take some more pride in just not letting everybody get some shots on him like that because he took some big shots today.”
October 30, 20178 yr For what it's worth AJ Green not happy with offensive line. "We can't have Andy hit like that," A.J. Green said. "That’s tough because you’re not going to win without that guy. We have to take some more pride in just not letting everybody get some shots on him like that because he took some big shots today.” So maybe AJ was frustrated with the o-line rather than AD. Bottom line is we are just assuming whoever he is frustrated with. Who knows he will never tell specifically, he is that kind of guy. He won't throw people under the bus.
October 30, 20178 yr Like the UK-UT game. Somebody had to win. Glad it was the Bengals. Yep. Four very bad football teams.
October 30, 20178 yr For what it's worth AJ Green not happy with offensive line. "We can't have Andy hit like that," A.J. Green said. "That’s tough because you’re not going to win without that guy. We have to take some more pride in just not letting everybody get some shots on him like that because he took some big shots today.” So maybe AJ was frustrated with the o-line rather than AD. Bottom line is we are just assuming whoever he is frustrated with. Who knows he will never tell specifically, he is that kind of guy. He won't throw people under the bus. I'm glad to hear Green stepping up and saying something. The Colts line responded after TY called out his line and for the most part protected the Colts qb better. Obviously Dalton cant come out and say my line needs to block better. But what he can do is get on them in the game. I honestly would love to see Dalton get mad and get on them or just anyone. We need our qb to be a leader and try to hold people accountable and to a high standard. The best qbs do that. It's bad when the leader of the team was our LT in Whit and not Dalton before this year. Dalton showing any leadership skills would go a far way with me at least. I watched yesterday when Dez Bryant was unhappy with something and tried to tell Dak about it and Dak went back at him. Dak is his second season is taking true leadership of his team. I would love to see Dalton truly try to take hold and lead this team. The line is bad, so stop being a nice guy and be a leader and hold them accountable, instead of the come on guys we can do this. Get mad, do something.
October 30, 20178 yr I'm glad to hear Green stepping up and saying something. The Colts line responded after TY called out his line and for the most part protected the Colts qb better. Obviously Dalton cant come out and say my line needs to block better. But what he can do is get on them in the game. I honestly would love to see Dalton get mad and get on them or just anyone. We need our qb to be a leader and try to hold people accountable and to a high standard. The best qbs do that. It's bad when the leader of the team was our LT in Whit and not Dalton before this year. Dalton showing any leadership skills would go a far way with me at least. I watched yesterday when Dez Bryant was unhappy with something and tried to tell Dak about it and Dak went back at him. Dak is his second season is taking true leadership of his team. I would love to see Dalton truly try to take hold and lead this team. The line is bad, so stop being a nice guy and be a leader and hold them accountable, instead of the come on guys we can do this. Get mad, do something. Because a person does not yell at people, he is not a leader. I will never get that. That is almost laughable. We have no idea what he says in the huddle or in team meetings. I have yet to hear a player have nothing but respect for AD.
October 30, 20178 yr Because a person does not yell at people, he is not a leader. I will never get that. That is almost laughable. We have no idea what he says in the huddle or in team meetings. I have yet to hear a player have nothing but respect for AD. Because he is a great person. No teammate is going to say something bad about a teammate who is a good dude like him. I will say this it's not a good thing when after Whit leaves and the coach says it's now time for Dalton to be the leader of this team. Dalton should have taken the leadership by year 2.
October 30, 20178 yr I don't agree with comments that Andy Dalton needs to yell at his players in the game and show them up in front of a whole stadium. That won't accomplish anything, and I really can't remember any QB doing that. However, I do agree that Dalton's Mr. Nice Guy personality works against him. I watched Matt Stafford against the Steelers yesterday. The way he was calling out audibles, making changes at the line of scrimmage and his poise looked very different than what I see out of Dalton. Of course, when your offensive line protects you the way Stafford's did against the Steeler rush, it is much easier to be poised in the pocket. Dalton does not have any comfort zone at all right now because the OL is so bad. The point I am making though is Stafford look very take charge and in command with the way he was handling himself. Dalton doesn't look like that on the field. He looks too passive and like he is playing out of fear about what is about to happen.
October 30, 20178 yr I don't agree with comments that Andy Dalton needs to yell at his players in the game and show them up in front of a whole stadium. That won't accomplish anything, and I really can't remember any QB doing that. However, I do agree that Dalton's Mr. Nice Guy personality works against him. I watched Matt Stafford against the Steelers yesterday. The way he was calling out audibles, making changes at the line of scrimmage and his poise looked very different than what I see out of Dalton. Of course, when your offensive line protects you the way Stafford's did against the Steeler rush, it is much easier to be poised in the pocket. Dalton does not have any comfort zone at all right now because the OL is so bad. The point I am making though is Stafford look very take charge and in command with the way he was handling himself. Dalton doesn't look like that on the field. He looks too passive and like he is playing out of fear about what is about to happen. Very good points and better description. He just simply has never taken charge of this team. Not the leader a team needs in a qb. As you said at least a more take charge attitude.
October 30, 20178 yr I'm glad to hear Green stepping up and saying something. The Colts line responded after TY called out his line and for the most part protected the Colts qb better. Obviously Dalton cant come out and say my line needs to block better. But what he can do is get on them in the game. I honestly would love to see Dalton get mad and get on them or just anyone. We need our qb to be a leader and try to hold people accountable and to a high standard. The best qbs do that. It's bad when the leader of the team was our LT in Whit and not Dalton before this year. Dalton showing any leadership skills would go a far way with me at least. I watched yesterday when Dez Bryant was unhappy with something and tried to tell Dak about it and Dak went back at him. Dak is his second season is taking true leadership of his team. I would love to see Dalton truly try to take hold and lead this team. The line is bad, so stop being a nice guy and be a leader and hold them accountable, instead of the come on guys we can do this. Get mad, do something. Just for clarification, everything I have read states Jason Witten is the leader of the Cowboys. He has been for a while. Dak is growing into a leadership role, but everyone points to Witten as the leader of the locker room. Maybe when Witten leaves, Dak will be considered the leader of the team.
October 30, 20178 yr Just for clarification, everything I have read states Jason Witten is the leader of the Cowboys. He has been for a while. Dak is growing into a leadership role, but everyone points to Witten as the leader of the locker room. Maybe when Witten leaves, Dak will be considered the leader of the team. Dak is in his second year and as you stated at least in position to take over that role. Dalton is in 7th year and still hasn't, even though he and Green are the most experienced guys now. Dalton is the qb and needs to control of the team. His personality just will never lead to that though. That type of mindset is also not what teams need in the big games or moments.
October 30, 20178 yr Dak is in his second year and as you stated at least in position to take over that role. Dalton is in 7th year and still hasn't, even though he and Green are the most experienced guys now. Dalton is the qb and needs to control of the team. His personality just will never lead to that though. That type of mindset is also not what teams need in the big games or moments. No argument there. Just pointing out the leader of the team is usually someone who has been there a long time like Whit. I don't believe AD needs to be in people's faces, these guys are professionals. He does need a presence though. I didnt have an issue with Whit being the team leader while he was here, but I agree, AD and Green are the more tenured and need to be leaders now. Just like I don't have an issue with Witten being considered the leader as long as he is there. But once he is gone, Dak needs to take over.
October 30, 20178 yr How you can also ignore his lack of leadership or ability to handle tough situations is interesting. You mean like playing maybe the worst game of his life against the Ravens in Week #1, then showing up at The Holy Grail the next night to face the music? That kind of leadership and facing tough situations?
October 30, 20178 yr You mean like playing maybe the worst game of his life against the Ravens in Week #1, then showing up at The Holy Grail the next night to face the music? That kind of leadership and facing tough situations? Big props to Andy. He brought his wife, Jordan, and two sons out. He signed autographs, poses for pictures and answered questions for an hour. Due to a Monday practice, he did not join us until 6:30, so he stayed until 7:30. Podcast: Bengals Line with Andy Dalton and Ken Anderson | Lance McAlister | 7
October 30, 20178 yr Big props to Andy. He brought his wife, Jordan, and two sons out. He signed autographs, poses for pictures and answered questions for an hour. Due to a Monday practice, he did not join us until 6:30, so he stayed until 7:30. Podcast: Bengals Line with Andy Dalton and Ken Anderson | Lance McAlister | 7WLW AD's stand up guy and undoubtedly the 3rd best QB this franchise has had in 50 years, behind Anderson and Esiason. He might be #2 when all is said and done. He is probably half way through his career. There is no doubt he can get better. My biggest concern this year with him is his accuracy on the passes over 20 yards. He was #1 last year, he is mid 20's this year. That is concerning. That has nothing to do with leadership, but that does concern me. He has missed some pretty easy long throws this year that he has hit the last couple of years. He has reverted back to year 1 and 2 in that area. There are plenty of QB's in the Hall of Fame with his type of personality Fouts and Montana to name two. He is not them and is not a HOFer, but you can win with his type of personality.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.