October 31, 20178 yr I would venture to say if I didn't post a single thing in this thread it would be 25 post or less. I would also say if the Bengals lost and I didn't post a think. It may be 40 or less. With half the post saying same old Bungals. The problem is Mike Brown. Until people stop showing up this will continue. They need to blow it up. Im glad i dont waste my sundays on them anymore. With a few comments on the game itself. It's pretty simple with me posting or not. The replies are usually the same in Bengal threads. They win not many people would have post much about it even if I posted or not. If they lose most go to one of the comments I just said.
October 31, 20178 yr What do you define as a good qb? Going by his stats you can only say he had 2 good years. All other years it could be considered slightly better than average at best if we go by stats. Looking how this year is going only 2 years out of 7 could be defined as good years where people would say yeah I would take that every year from my qb. Going by his stats... u can say he’s the best QB in Bengals history... period. How many good years did Esiason have? 1? 2? Lol! You’re hilarious at this point.. you’re turning into one of those posters that most of us just automatically ignore... you’re bringing nothing new to the table. It’s a shame, because you’ve shown capable insights and arguments for many of your positions... even on this one... sure, there’s an argument to move on from Andy... we all understand that.. what you don’t seem to understand is there is a good argument for keeping Andy too... and many of us have solidly backed that up as well... Give it a rest... we don’t agree with you on this and we never will... and we get you don’t agree with us... but you’re constant bashing of Dalton is beyond old... it’s comical at this point.
October 31, 20178 yr Going by his stats... u can say he’s the best QB in Bengals history... period. How many good years did Esiason have? 1? 2? Lol! You’re hilarious at this point.. you’re turning into one of those posters that most of us just automatically ignore... you’re bringing nothing new to the table. It’s a shame, because you’ve shown capable insights and arguments for many of your positions... even on this one... sure, there’s an argument to move on from Andy... we all understand that.. what you don’t seem to understand is there is a good argument for keeping Andy too... and many of us have solidly backed that up as well... Give it a rest... we don’t agree with you on this and we never will... and we get you don’t agree with us... but you’re constant bashing of Dalton is beyond old... it’s comical at this point. Take a look at this thread. I didn't even quote anyone to start. I made my initial thoughts on Dalton and the game. It wasn't until people replied that made the conversation continue. Just like you responded and shared your opinion about it. It seems to me it's ok for you to share your opinion back to what I said. Then you act like I shouldn't have a reply back. I made my initial post and then people replied to that or indirectly replied with then saying like fc, this. It's been a two way street.
October 31, 20178 yr Take a look at this thread. I didn't even quote anyone to start. I made my initial thoughts on Dalton and the game. It wasn't until people replied that made the conversation continue. Just like you responded and shared your opinion about it. It seems to me it's ok for you to share your opinion back to what I said. Then you act like I shouldn't have a reply back. I made my initial post and then people replied to that or indirectly replied with then saying like fc, this. It's been a two way street. U can reply, absolutely... but ur book long posts are falling on deaf ears.. that’s all I’m saying. U don’t need to write a book several times in a thread to make ur point... which hasn’t changed in forever. Myself and others respond to u, because we’re sick of ur same old rhetoric. Nothing more... but yeah, you have a right to respond as you wish. Knock yourself out. It’s what a message board is for after all. Also, I noticed u didn’t respond to my Esiason question... how many great years? No more than Dalton... if u look you’ll find the same with many QB’s .. besides last season, how about Matt Ryan? How about Carson Palmer? Etc etc
October 31, 20178 yr U can reply, absolutely... but ur book long posts are falling on deaf ears.. that’s all I’m saying. U don’t need to write a book several times in a thread to make ur point... which hasn’t changed in forever. Myself and others respond to u, because we’re sick of ur same old rhetoric. Nothing more... but yeah, you have a right to respond as you wish. Knock yourself out. It’s what a message board is for after all. Also, I noticed u didn’t respond to my Esiason question... how many great years? No more than Dalton... if u look you’ll find the same with many QB’s .. besides last season, how about Matt Ryan? How about Carson Palmer? Etc etc The Bengals history of qbs so saying Dalton is top 3 is not saying much lol. As for Matt Ryan he has now led a team to super bowl. I believe made the nfc championship another year, and home field another. He also doesn't seem to struggle in biggest moments like Dalton. I tried to keep that shorter for you so I don't repeat anything.
October 31, 20178 yr The Bengals history of qbs so saying Dalton is top 3 is not saying much lol. As for Matt Ryan he has now led a team to super bowl. I believe made the nfc championship another year, and home field another. He also doesn't seem to struggle in biggest moments like Dalton. I tried to keep that shorter for you so I don't repeat anything. Thanks... much better, concise response... and again, Dalton isn’t the problem... a backup QB or guy they could get on the market won’t get them over the hump... they are much more in need of Oline players and a new coaching direction...
October 31, 20178 yr The Bengals history of qbs so saying Dalton is top 3 is not saying much lol. As for Matt Ryan he has now led a team to super bowl. I believe made the nfc championship another year, and home field another. He also doesn't seem to struggle in biggest moments like Dalton. I tried to keep that shorter for you so I don't repeat anything. Really, cause Matt Ryan is 5-30 against teams with a winning record when trailing in the 4th quarter.
October 31, 20178 yr Really, cause Matt Ryan is 5-30 against teams with a winning record when trailing in the 4th quarter. Don’t let facts get into this debate... lol! It should purely be emotionally driven... lol!
November 1, 20178 yr Thanks... much better, concise response... and again, Dalton isn’t the problem... a backup QB or guy they could get on the market won’t get them over the hump... they are much more in need of Oline players and a new coaching direction... I been thinking they needed this change long before the o line went down the toilet.
November 1, 20178 yr Really, cause Matt Ryan is 5-30 against teams with a winning record when trailing in the 4th quarter. How good has his defenses been since Ryan has been there? To make a come back you also need a defense to get a stop. Since Dalton has been here the defense has been a top 10 defense or a top 10 scoring defense every year besides one since Dalton has been here. Once again Dalton has been more fortunate than most qbs in what he has had around him most of his career. After this year is over he will have 2 good years out of 7 stat wise. Now those 2 good years were really good though.
November 1, 20178 yr Don’t let facts get into this debate... lol! It should purely be emotionally driven... lol! I have provided many facts over the Dalton discussion. Just because you all choose to ignore them is not my problem. But I would be more than happy to share the actual facts I have listed in the past again if you like. Or do you only like the facts you want to see?
November 1, 20178 yr How good has his defenses been since Ryan has been there? To make a come back you also need a defense to get a stop. Since Dalton has been here the defense has been a top 10 defense or a top 10 scoring defense every year besides one since Dalton has been here. Once again Dalton has been more fortunate than most qbs in what he has had around him most of his career. After this year is over he will have 2 good years out of 7 stat wise. Now those 2 good years were really good though. Sounds like your're making excuses for Matt Ryan. So you are saying things have to be perfect for him. Actually, Ryan and AD are very similar in their first 6 years. And the fans booed him off the field a couple years ago.
November 1, 20178 yr I have provided many facts over the Dalton discussion. Just because you all choose to ignore them is not my problem. But I would be more than happy to share the actual facts I have listed in the past again if you like. Or do you only like the facts you want to see? The only fact that matters is that Dalton has been a very effective QB in the league especially for this pathetic excuse for a franchise... if you were arguing for a young QB with different skill sets to get a chance, I’d maybe see where you’re coming from... you want McCarron who is a poor man’s Dalton to take over for Dalton... it’s just plain silly...
November 1, 20178 yr Sounds like your're making excuses for Matt Ryan. So you are saying things have to be perfect for him. Actually, Ryan and AD are very similar in their first 6 years. And the fans booed him off the field a couple years ago. My argument for awhile now is Dalton has been more fortunate than most qbs. Most of his career he has had top 10 defense, talent to throw to and a line. Yet only 2 years he did well with it. Yet no games where he performed well in big moments. Put it this way you take Matt Ryan and put him on the teams Dalton has been on and Bengals at least win playoff games and maybe make a run. The talent Dalton has had around him has been more than Ryan has had most of his career. While you put Dalton on those Falcon teams i don't think any chance they make even the super bowl.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.