November 1, 20178 yr 66 completion percentage 6 tds 2 interceptions. Let's not forget Eifert didn't play in a couple of those games either. In a Monday night game with 2 seed on the line on the road. He jumped out and got this team 2 straight tds to start the game. What is Daltons prime time record again? Dalton as great as he was in 2015 also wad 0 and 2 in prime time in 2015 with a horrible game against the Texans. So chances of us even getting to over time is slim that day with Dalton. The playoff game, in prime time, against the Steelers. All situations Dalton sucks in. So putting all three together in one setting. Means basically zero chance to think Dalton wins that playoff game, especially in the rain. McCarron most of the game didn't play well that day either. However that is the difference I see in the two. It's been very rare if ever where Dalton has started off the game and bad most of the day and with team losing. Has Dalton all of a sudden started to make plays to change the momentum and put them in situation to win. Usually in fact Dalton usually follows suit and continues playing bad. McCarron While playing bad for 3 quarters. In the biggest situation rallied the offense to come all the way back to take the lead. Made big throws to take the lead with a little more than a middle left. He did that in his 4th game ever. Dalton still struggles in these situations against good teams today. Dalton in his second season had a chance to do something similar in the playoffs against Houston. 3 minutes left in the game Bengals driving Green beats his guy deep and Dalton over throws him by three yards in the end zone. McCarron on the other hand in his second season but 4th game ever made that throw that Dalton missed. Dalton then went on in the last drive that day on a 4th and 12 with game on a line threw a 3 yard slant to Marvin Jones. But I'm sure he would learn from that right and know end of game situations better. Yet as we see in his 7th season in two 4th and game situations this year he decides to just throw it away. Then say after the game yeah I messed up. So while McCarron is not a stud. And did have his own mistakes as by the turnovers you listed. He also was only in his 4th game. That should get better with experience. Yet in those 4 games he showed better in similar situations that Dalton has struggled in even with more experience. Hence why I don't trust Dalton to ever be the guy to get them where we want them to get to. You keep quoting how Mccarron is great in pressure situations. In his last 3 starts (so 3 of the 5 games he started) he was 62-103 for a 60% completion, 572 yards for a 5.5 yard attempt, 4 td's, 1 int, and 4 fumbles. It looks to me after the initial 2 games he played where there was no tape on him, defenses have figured him out. Heck, Matt Moore looked like a superstar two weeks ago when he replace Cutler. Last week, he should have been fired in the spot. There was a reason he was a 5th round pick, he is a serviceable backup. I don't think AD is an elite qb. If you want to argue the Bengals need to draft a franchise quarterback early and groom him to take over, I'm all for it. I am not for getting rid of a top 15 qb and hoping a backup quarterback can take us to the promised land. They just made a top 15 quarterback with no playoff wins the highest paid player in the league. There is a reason for that, top 15 quarterbacks are hard to come by. And again, stats do not support your narrative of Dalton can't make the plays. He has the 3rd highest percentage of 4th quarter comeback wins against winning teams.
November 1, 20178 yr You keep quoting how Mccarron is great in pressure situations. In his last 3 starts (so 3 of the 5 games he started) he was 62-103 for a 60% completion, 572 yards for a 5.5 yard attempt, 4 td's, 1 int, and 4 fumbles. It looks to me after the initial 2 games he played where there was no tape on him, defenses have figured him out. Heck, Matt Moore looked like a superstar two weeks ago when he replace Cutler. Last week, he should have been fired in the spot. There was a reason he was a 5th round pick, he is a serviceable backup. I don't think AD is an elite qb. If you want to argue the Bengals need to draft a franchise quarterback early and groom him to take over, I'm all for it. I am not for getting rid of a top 15 qb and hoping a backup quarterback can take us to the promised land. They just made a top 15 quarterback with no playoff wins the highest paid player in the league. There is a reason for that, top 15 quarterbacks are hard to come by. And again, stats do not support your narrative of Dalton can't make the plays. He has the 3rd highest percentage of 4th quarter comeback wins against winning teams. As for McCarron in those 4 starts and last few you talk about. 2 came against the Broncos on the road a team that ended up winning the super bowl. And the Steelers in a playoff game. Two situations Dalton career numbers are horrible in. You giving stats showing that it proves he isn't good is pointless. I guess if we want to do that, Dalton should never start a Pittsburgh game, primetime or playoff game in his career. I love the fact that after 4 games you act like that shown enough. Act like a guy can't get better after that. As I said his numbers were very Dalton like. Dalton in 5 of his 7 years has numbers like that. Only 2 out of his 7 years did he have big years, and those years inflate his career stats. So basically we should have been done with Dalton after year 2 correct? After year 2 his stats were not great at all. Should we have said oh Shucks defenses have figured Dalton out. You act like after 4 games that showed McCarron couldn't get better. I never said McCarron was great in those games. He was very Dalton like and managed the game more than anything. Definitely has to hold on to the ball and not fumble. At the end of the day he showed more in the moments Dalton struggles in. So I perfectly fine if you are comfortable watching Dalton run on the field at the end of a game thinking he will make you a play. Im fine with if you think he is the guy you want in a prime time game or playoff game leading your team and trusting him to make a play. I'm good if you think he is the guy you want rallying your team after not much has gone right that day. I mean he has shown he is so capable in those situations apparently. I'm glad you trust him in those moments. We definitely have watched 2 different qbs in those moments. I have also fully admitted that I can't guarntee McCarron would do any better but from the 4 games I seen of him compared to the 7 years of Dalton im willing to take that chance. Because I don't trust Dalton to get better in any of those situations now 7 years in.
November 1, 20178 yr You keep quoting how Mccarron is great in pressure situations. In his last 3 starts (so 3 of the 5 games he started) he was 62-103 for a 60% completion, 572 yards for a 5.5 yard attempt, 4 td's, 1 int, and 4 fumbles. It looks to me after the initial 2 games he played where there was no tape on him, defenses have figured him out. Heck, Matt Moore looked like a superstar two weeks ago when he replace Cutler. Last week, he should have been fired in the spot. There was a reason he was a 5th round pick, he is a serviceable backup. I don't think AD is an elite qb. If you want to argue the Bengals need to draft a franchise quarterback early and groom him to take over, I'm all for it. I am not for getting rid of a top 15 qb and hoping a backup quarterback can take us to the promised land. They just made a top 15 quarterback with no playoff wins the highest paid player in the league. There is a reason for that, top 15 quarterbacks are hard to come by. And again, stats do not support your narrative of Dalton can't make the plays. He has the 3rd highest percentage of 4th quarter comeback wins against winning teams. I always love when people use the 5th round thing as part of their argument. So what rounds are a starting qb a loud to come from? 1st and maybe 2nd? Other than that can we just say for any qb after the second round should never be a starter, because they were drafted later for a reason? Russell Wilson third round, shouldn't have started. Dak Prescott 4th round should never have started. He actually was the 3rd string qb but the backup broke his leg in training camp, and then Romo got hurt. No one ever would have truly thought Dak would end up doing what he is, but he got the chance and now is doing well with it. RG3 was drafted in top 5. So no reason why a guy drafted in the 4th round in Cousins should ever take his spot. I mean because as you stated he was drafted 4th round for a reason. Probably should have only been a backup qb. Yet we have seen many 1st round qbs who were suppose to be starting type qbs fail. So it's funny when you all use a round a qb was drafted in as part of your argument as why someone wouldn't be as good. At the end of the day and I been very fair on this point. Me or you or anyone has no true idea how he would do. It was only 4 games. He played in two huge pressure situations. He didn't play great in any of the 4 games. He didn't play horrible. He did make plays in biggest moment that should have won the game. You would think he would get better with more experience or maybe he truly wouldn't. Neither you or I know that. Actually no one knows not even the coaches. I guarntee Dallas coaches never thought their 4th round qb in Dak would take the job and run with it and keep getting better. He was suppose to be their third string qb before injuries happened. You just never know until that person gets a shot. We have seen 7 years of Dalton. So I am sorry if I am not satisfied with a slightly above average qb, who I can't trust will ever make the big plays in situations we need him to, to make a run. Im just willing to take that chance to see if something else could make our chances better rather watch the same old same old just because we're scared of the what if it doesn't work out, which could happen.
November 1, 20178 yr You keep quoting how Mccarron is great in pressure situations. In his last 3 starts (so 3 of the 5 games he started) he was 62-103 for a 60% completion, 572 yards for a 5.5 yard attempt, 4 td's, 1 int, and 4 fumbles. It looks to me after the initial 2 games he played where there was no tape on him, defenses have figured him out. Heck, Matt Moore looked like a superstar two weeks ago when he replace Cutler. Last week, he should have been fired in the spot. There was a reason he was a 5th round pick, he is a serviceable backup. I don't think AD is an elite qb. If you want to argue the Bengals need to draft a franchise quarterback early and groom him to take over, I'm all for it. I am not for getting rid of a top 15 qb and hoping a backup quarterback can take us to the promised land. They just made a top 15 quarterback with no playoff wins the highest paid player in the league. There is a reason for that, top 15 quarterbacks are hard to come by. And again, stats do not support your narrative of Dalton can't make the plays. He has the 3rd highest percentage of 4th quarter comeback wins against winning teams. I looked back in the stats and McCarron has two career fumbles lost. So saying 4 fumbles is misleading. That would be like me saying well any ball that a defender had his hands on but drops, should count as an interception on Dalton. So should we start listing those as interceptions. Since you want to use 4 games as evidence, and act like that is proof that is who McCarron is. I thought it only be fair to look at Dalton's first 4 career games. Dalton in his first 4 career games had 4 tds, and 4 interceptions and a completion percentage of 58%, and a passer rating of 78% in his first 4 games started. McCarron in his 4 career starts. Keep in mind 2 of them came in high pressured games of 2 seed being on the line, another a playoff game. So a lot more pressure on the line than Dalton had in his first 4 starts. In McCarrons his first 4 career starts he had 5 tds, 1 interception, a completion percentage of 63% and a passer rating of 93%. So if you want to base things off of 4 starts which you have done. You would think McCarron obviously would have the better career correct? Since were using 4 games to determine how good someone would be. I openly admit I can't guarantee McCarron would do any better. However for you all to act like you know for sure he wouldn't is silly. Especially when you try to use McCarron's first 4 career games as evidence. When if that is the case then if you use Dalton's first 4 career games, then should think McCarron would eventually develop into being even better than Dalton if 4 games is the proof of future success.
November 1, 20178 yr Really, cause Matt Ryan is 5-30 against teams with a winning record when trailing in the 4th quarter. Don’t let facts get into this debate... lol! It should purely be emotionally driven... lol! Just to show I am not basing it only on opinion. As it seems you all think that you all only have the facts on this, and mine is just opinion. Going into this season Dalton is 28 and 10 in games against Teams with losing records going into the game. Dalton is 17 and 27 and 2 in games with teams with a winning record going into the game. Dalton is 5 and 11 in games in prime time. Dalton is 0 and 4 in playoff games he started. Meaning in prime time nationally tv games in prime time or playoffs he is 5 and 15. A winning percentage of 25% in those games and a winning percentage of 38% in games against teams with winning records in his career. Like it or not there are true facts on both sides of this for people who may want to keep Dalton and people who want to move on. I'm sorry if the stats I posted doesn't give me confidence that Dalton suddenly will figure it out in those type of games. Because we need him to if we ever want to actually make a true run.
November 1, 20178 yr Just to show I am not basing it only on opinion. As it seems you all think that you all only have the facts on this, and mine is just opinion. Going into this season Dalton is 28 and 10 in games against Teams with losing records going into the game. Dalton is 17 and 27 and 2 in games with teams with a winning record going into the game. Dalton is 5 and 11 in games in prime time. Dalton is 0 and 4 in playoff games he started. Meaning in prime time nationally tv games in prime time or playoffs he is 5 and 15. A winning percentage of 25% in those games and a winning percentage of 38% in games against teams with winning records in his career. Like it or not there are true facts on both sides of this for people who may want to keep Dalton and people who want to move on. I'm sorry if the stats I posted doesn't give me confidence that Dalton suddenly will figure it out in those type of games. Because we need him to if we ever want to actually make a true run. I said that there clearly is a case that can be made either way... but we’re all banging our heads against the wall, talking in circles.... because I see a stronger case to stick with Dalton and u see the opposite... all, I’ve been saying is, we get it... you’ve exhausted ur audience on this subject... that’s all.
November 1, 20178 yr Really, cause Matt Ryan is 5-30 against teams with a winning record when trailing in the 4th quarter. I said that there clearly is a case that can be made either way... but we’re all banging our heads against the wall, talking in circles.... because I see a stronger case to stick with Dalton and u see the opposite... all, I’ve been saying is, we get it... you’ve exhausted ur audience on this subject... that’s all. As I stated I get that. However when people then post trying to also state that I am wrong, I am going to reply. As I mentioned it's simple even in that game thread. I didn't originally quote anyone on my Dalton comment I made. That could have been the end of it. I even started talking about other stuff that went on in the game. If you notice other comments are even made and bring me up on the subject, so I am going to reply it's that simple. I agree it's going in circles. If I post something after a game to just my vent post get out of the way, and then talk about the other areas in the game. Just like in this game, I was disappointed with how the defense played as compared others. I really though our pass rush would have been better, considering how bad their line had been going into the game.
November 1, 20178 yr As I stated I get that. However when people then post trying to also state that I am wrong, I am going to reply. As I mentioned it's simple even in that game thread. I didn't originally quote anyone on my Dalton comment I made. That could have been the end of it. I even started talking about other stuff that went on in the game. If you notice other comments are even made and bring me up on the subject, so I am going to reply it's that simple. I agree it's going in circles. If I post something after a game to just my vent post get out of the way, and then talk about the other areas in the game. Just like in this game, I was disappointed with how the defense played as compared others. I really though our pass rush would have been better, considering how bad their line had been going into the game. And in this thread, you’ve had at least 3 people, maybe more... basically say to you... we get it.. and we don’t care what you have to say on it anymore... it’s run it’s course.. you’re sticking to ur belief, which is cool... and we’ll stick with our beliefs... it’s all good.
November 1, 20178 yr And in this thread, you’ve had at least 3 people, maybe more... basically say to you... we get it.. and we don’t care what you have to say on it anymore... it’s run it’s course.. you’re sticking to ur belief, which is cool... and we’ll stick with our beliefs... it’s all good. Three people who then also state why they think their opinion is right and that I am crazy to think he should be gone. So once again when that happens I am going to reply back, its very simple. Now with your statement that we are just going back and forth in circles I agree with.
November 1, 20178 yr Three people who then also state why they think their opinion is right and that I am crazy to think he should be gone. So once again when that happens I am going to reply back, its very simple. Now with your statement that we are just going back and forth in circles I agree with. If your goal is to talk to yourself.. keep rolling... ur gonna set a record for being blocked... lol
November 1, 20178 yr If your goal is to talk to yourself.. keep rolling... ur gonna set a record for being blocked... lol Ok now that's going a little far. Nobody is going to block fc simply because he doesn't want Andy to be the QB.
November 1, 20178 yr Ok now that's going a little far. Nobody is going to block fc simply because he doesn't want Andy to be the QB. No, but they are because they’re sick of his book long posts bringing nothing new to the table... just trying to prove he’s right all the time... which many of us think he’s 100 percent wrong and that isn’t changing... If u enjoy his circle posts... good for u.
November 1, 20178 yr No, but they are because they’re sick of his book long posts bringing nothing new to the table... just trying to prove he’s right all the time... which many of us think he’s 100 percent wrong and that isn’t changing... If u enjoy his circle posts... good for u. Just to clarify I don't think very many people are actually reading his book long posts in full anyways. TLDR for me.
November 1, 20178 yr Just to clarify I don't think very many people are actually reading his book long posts in full anyways. TLDR for me. Oh I agree with that totally... but one guy for sure blocked him and he keeps beating the drum... lol...
November 1, 20178 yr No, but they are because they’re sick of his book long posts bringing nothing new to the table... just trying to prove he’s right all the time... which many of us think he’s 100 percent wrong and that isn’t changing... If u enjoy his circle posts... good for u. Oh I agree with that totally... but one guy for sure blocked him and he keeps beating the drum... lol... See this is why I reply. You not only just saying hey were doing hearing it. You then also make comments after that. So basically you can say what you want, but I shouldn't reply? You can reply saying why I am wrong? But I shouldn't reply? Its very simple if you just say I don't want to read your long post on Dalton anymore, that's fine. However then don't add in your two sense and smart comments after it, and not expect a reply back, and then get frustrated when you do get a reply back. Also I don't care if 100% of people think I am wrong, it doesn't mean those people are right either. That is what makes sports so great. Just when people think they know for sure on something, it ends up being proven wrong. Basically 100% of the people thought I was wrong and crazy in 2011 and 2012 when I said I liked that team and thought they had a chance to be playoff teams. What everyone else thinks means very little to me. So when people also reply and try to act like I am completely wrong, I am going to reply back. Trust me I hear what you all are saying, and you state why you all like him. I state why I don't. As I said to the other person. I am perfectly fine if you want to hit block and move on. It really doesn't effect me. If so I enjoyed our talks on here, and take care.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.