Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 24 Colts 23

Featured Replies

Two bad teams. O line is pathetic. Dalton is pathetic even when he does have time he can't make a good throw. Being at the game Green is getting very frustrated. 4 different times today Green had his guy beat, one of those times on a deep route one on one and Dalton had time and never looked at him, and then ended up rolling out and throwing an incomplete pass. Green took himself out walked to the sideline just flinged his his hand up to the field and shook his head the whole time while walking off.

 

I know it's not all on Dalton most qbs would struggle bad with this line. I'm not oblivious to that fact. However just goes to shows Dalton needs everything around him to be great for him to do well. We have heard every excuse from when he doesn't have talent at wr to throw to he struggles. Or well he needs a run game, now it's he needs a line. Then Even in the years he has had all that he still struggled in the biggest games

 

 

My point is people always point to the well he took the team to 5 playoffs and gives him credit for that, even though only 2013 and 2015 did his play really have an impact. So if people are going to give him credit for those years when he didn't do much for them winning. Then he still deserves blame for the bad years too. If can't work both ways.

 

Also I still have no idea how we haven't seen him even yell or get upset at his line during a game. At this point I would love to see that, that would at least show some leadership by him. Instead we literally have two people who are one in the same in Marvin and Dalton. Good people, average coach and player, who are not leaders or mentally strong for big moments.

I saw the exact same thing with AJ it was right in front of me. He was very unhappy.

  • Replies 141
  • Views 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will say that was a good throw by Dalton though to Malone with pressure in his face. It's bad though when he has around 240 yards passing but 70 of it came on a pass behind the line on a screen. If the Colts defense stopped us today. I can't imagine what the Jags defense will do to us.

I don't think I've ever said this, but I don't think we stand a chance against Jacksonville next week.

If there was ever such thing as a bad win, this was it. Man this O line is somehow getting worse. Unwatchable right now, but I'll take the win.

 

I think right now the amount of criticism the young tackles get is unfair. The interior of the line sucks and gets pushed back right away. So it just makes it harder on the tackles because they can't even run the rushers passed the qb. Instead it makes Dalton run right into them.

 

This gets back to poor o line coaching imo. How many times have we seen the interior of our line get confused by simple stunts and twist and guys just coming free.

I don't think I've ever said this, but I don't think we stand a chance against Jacksonville next week.

 

Probably will be less than 100 yards passing, at least 6 sacks. Green probably won't even get a true chance to battle Ramsey. So he will probably want to demand a trade after the game. It will be bad. Only hope is to win 2 to 0.

  • Author

Saw on the ticker on the Cowboys/Redskins game that as of Hack Doyle of the Colts is the leading receiver with 12 catches for 121.

I saw the exact same thing with AJ it was right in front of me. He was very unhappy.

 

I mean I get it there are many plays where Dalton has zero chance. However even when he has time he still misses guys or not making the right reads. Someone like Russell Wilson also has a bad line and arguably less talent at skill spots. However when given a chance to make a play he makes it.

 

I really think if the Bengals don't make serious changes to the coaching staff after this season. Green may pull a Palmer and want out.

  • Author

Also ex bengal Mike Nugent hasn't changed he just missed a 46 yard FG for the Cowboys filling in for the injured Dan Bailey. lol

Also ex bengal Mike Nugent hasn't changed he just missed a 46 yard FG for the Cowboys filling in for the injured Dan Bailey. lol

 

And as big as some of the kicks Elliott has made, he has missed 3 extra points including two today and has missed 3 field goals.

If there was ever such thing as a bad win, this was it. Man this O line is somehow getting worse. Unwatchable right now, but I'll take the win.

 

Andy Dalton might die next week.

Wife got free tickets thru work for this one, so little CSF and I went to it. Even with free tickets, it may have been the last game I will ever attend. Loudmouth right behind us was a horse's rear-end the entire game. I would almost rather go to 10 Reds games and end up seeing them lose, than to go to 1 Bengals game where they win.

 

As to the game itself, our line play flat out stinks. Whether it's personnel, technique or play calling, it's just awful. We can't run the ball if our life depended on it. Absolutely no push up front.

 

And defensively? What is it with the Bengals defending the tight end? You know it's one thing if it's Gates, Gronk, Davis or the likes. But we made Jake Doyle look like Tony Gonzales. Jake. Doyle.

The Bengals were very lucky and were outplayed.

 

The defense was awful most of the day could not get off the field.

The o-line may be the worst in the NFL, they were deplorable.

Special teams allowed a blocked FG and a muffed punt.

Running game is terrible (probably a reflection on the o-line)

 

AD had a passer rating of 108.8; 2 TD's and no interceptions, running for his life most of the game. I continue to say, he is no where near what the problem is for this team. No need to respond FC, you have made it clear he is not your guy. Objectivity is gone.

The Bengals were very lucky and were outplayed.

 

The defense was awful most of the day could not get off the field.

The o-line may be the worst in the NFL, they were deplorable.

Special teams allowed a blocked FG and a muffed punt.

Running game is terrible (probably a reflection on the o-line)

 

AD had a passer rating of 108.8; 2 TD's and no interceptions, running for his life most of the game. I continue to say, he is no where near what the problem is for this team. No need to respond FC, you have made it clear he is not your guy. Objectivity is gone.

 

One of the best posts I’ve read in awhile... it boils down to coaching it seems... these guys have NFL talent or they wouldn’t be in the league, and yet, there are always free rushers getting in AD’s face... whether it’s scheme or execution, the coaches gotta get that line right... change schemes or change personnel.

One of the best posts I’ve read in awhile... it boils down to coaching it seems... these guys have NFL talent or they wouldn’t be in the league, and yet, there are always free rushers getting in AD’s face... whether it’s scheme or execution, the coaches gotta get that line right... change schemes or change personnel.

 

I have always been in Marvin's corner, but a change is needed. The players seem to not be playing hard for him. I am sure they do, it just doesn't seem like it. The owner really needs to go, that is the root of the problem and always has been. But that ain't happening.

 

I am afraid the line will not get much better. The Jags, who I believe have the #1 spot for sacks coming into today, will make things tough for the guys. Unbelievably, the Bengals usually play better on the road than at home.

The Bengals were very lucky and were outplayed.

 

The defense was awful most of the day could not get off the field.

The o-line may be the worst in the NFL, they were deplorable.

Special teams allowed a blocked FG and a muffed punt.

Running game is terrible (probably a reflection on the o-line)

 

AD had a passer rating of 108.8; 2 TD's and no interceptions, running for his life most of the game. I continue to say, he is no where near what the problem is for this team. No need to respond FC, you have made it clear he is not your guy. Objectivity is gone.

 

Your continue denial that he is also part of the problem is interesting. We definitely see two different qbs and how you think he is a guy we can go far with even if everything was right around him baffles me. How you can also ignore his lack of leadership or ability to handle tough situations is interesting.

 

It's very simple we will never get to where we want this franchise with him as qb even if everything around him was great. 7 years has shown that. Not much has changed. He is what he is. A slightly above average qb and nothing more.

Your continue denial that he is also part of the problem is interesting. We definitely see two different qbs and how you think he is a guy we can go far with even if everything was right around him baffles me. How you can also ignore his lack of leadership or ability to handle tough situations is interesting.

 

It's very simple we will never get to where we want this franchise with him as qb even if everything around him was great. 7 years has shown that. Not much has changed. He is what he is. A slightly above average qb and nothing more.

 

No, Mike Brown is the reason this franchise will never be consistent.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.