Pete W

Who wins Covington Catholic or Highlands  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Covington Catholic or Highlands

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Casey is a quality RB, and a quality kid. He always seems to have great games against HHS. I don't know if he is the best we will see this year, but he is top two or three for sure.

Unfortunately for my Birds, this one gets ugly I think by the start of Q4 with a running clock. Huddy helps the run, but I don't see us stopping them on the ground. If they throw the ball enough, HHS will get a few picks.

Disclaimer: I predicted a running clock in the third for the SK game as well, and we should have won that game.

Any truth to McGuiness being out for season (torn labrum)?

McGinness did go out with an injury right at the end of the Chatard game Friday. You can hear it when he went out at about the 2:20 mark on the broadcast.

National High School Broadcast Network

Hopefully this rumor is not true. No one ever wants to see injuries knock kids out of playing.

However, if he is out, Cov Cath will not miss a beat. McGinness is a good high school RB but Cov Cath has players who can step into that role. As long as AJ Mayer is on the field, Cov Cath is a force.

I know Mayer can run it, but do they use his legs often?

Yes. QB read option plays. QB draw. QB sneaks and straight ahead power runs in short yardage. Plus scrambling on pass plays. Chatard had a 3rd and 15 play perfectly defended, had a LB spying on Mayer, Mayer couldn't find an open WR, scrambled and just ran away from the LB spy to pick up the first down. Very few QB's could have made that play.