5A #1 Covington Catholic vs. #9 Highlands

Pete W

Who wins Covington Catholic or Highlands  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Covington Catholic or Highlands

We have all seen major upsets in HS football over the years. Often these upsets happen when the underdogs are disrespected and have the talent to be competitive in the first place. Sorry, Bluebirds, just don't think the talent gap can be overcome this week. COvCath 35-14.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have all seen major upsets in HS football over the years. Often these upsets happen when the underdogs are disrespected and have the talent to be competitive in the first place. Sorry, Bluebirds, just don't think the talent gap can be overcome this week. COvCath 35-14.

You make a good point here. Cov Cath has three dominant D1 players on the field - QB AJ Mayer, LB/TE Kamryn Butler and DE/TE Michael Mayer (this kid may be even better than the other two). When you have that high level talent with a very solid surrounding cast, it is too much talent for the vast majority of high school teams to overcome.

You make a good point here. Cov Cath has three dominant D1 players on the field - QB AJ Mayer, LB/TE Kamryn Butler and DE/TE Michael Mayer (this kid may be even better than the other two). When you have that high level talent with a very solid surrounding cast, it is too much talent for the vast majority of high school teams to overcome.

You are missing other guys who will most likely be D1 as well.

You are missing other guys who will most likely be D1 as well.

It's possible. Coldiron perhaps. Probably a TE in college if he gets to that FBS D1 level. Maybe one of the young linemen can develop to that level. I don't see anyone else that is dominant on the field and clearly FBS D1 other than the three guys I listed. They are no doubters, and of course two of them are already committed FBS D1 players. There are others on the roster that can play college football somewhere if they want to but are not obvious D1 level players.

With it being CovCaths 50th season, what is theballbtime record of this matchup. I'm sure it is pretty heavy in favor of the Birds

In the last 20 meetings, its 17-3... glad to see cch back because it wasn't much of a rivalry anymore. Football is at its best when there is good competition between powers. This year, cch has more more and is the favorite, but both programs have a ton of talent coming up. The rivalry is back and that is great news for both sets of fans.

A lot of the same cast of characters for CCH's offense who put 63 on the Birds last year.

Jenkins or Trimble Co could've put 63 on the Birds last year. That was then and this is now.

I think the Birds will have their hands full but Huddy has brought tremendous energy to a defense that has gotten better each game.

If AJ has time to throw and room to scramble this could be a long night but I think the Birds will mix a lot of blitzes and keep the Colonels off balance.

Jenkins or Trimble Co could've put 63 on the Birds last year. That was then and this is now.

I think the Birds will have their hands full but Huddy has brought tremendous energy to a defense that has gotten better each game.

If AJ has time to throw and room to scramble this could be a long night but I think the Birds will mix a lot of blitzes and keep the Colonels off balance.

How may would Jenkins and Trimble County put up this year?