Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Next Coach at Louisville?

Featured Replies

As interim?

 

Yes, interim only

  • Replies 213
  • Views 28.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What? @UKMustangFan @MentschTrachtGottLacht is this guy crazy or am I missing something?

 

I think any X fans that are eager to see him out the door should be careful what they wish for. Gonna be real hard to replace and replicate what he's done there.

Multiple reports say it's David Padgett.

Tough situation and not sure what the correct answer is for an interim coach. You would like to get out of the Pitino family, which Padgett is not, but with practice starting in a matter of days, what other options do you have?

Tough situation and not sure what the correct answer is for an interim coach. You would like to get out of the Pitino family, which Padgett is not, but with practice starting in a matter of days, what other options do you have?

 

Scott Davenport would have been a good choice.

Of course, Scotty served at UofL under both Denny Crum and Rick Pitino. Let's just say Scotty's seen some things.

Was it Bob Davis who had a good thing going at Georgetown and then went to Auburn and faded from memory? I'm sure Scott would get a tremendous pay increase if offered the job, but the grass is not always greener....

Scott Davenport would have been a good choice.

 

Had this shaken out over the summer, maybe so. But how do you bring on an interim coach, that is a head coach at another school, this close to practice tipping off?

I wonder how the NCAA will feel about them picking someone from Pitino's staff?

I wonder how the NCAA will feel about them picking someone from Pitino's staff?

They will probably say, "given the situation, what else can you do?" I guess forfeiting the season is a possibility, but to bring on a whole new crew seems like a tall order. Some of the established names being floated do not want to come in on an interim basis. They would want to make it their job interview for the long term gig.

I think any X fans that are eager to see him out the door should be careful what they wish for. Gonna be real hard to replace and replicate what he's done there.
So there are some X fans who aren't Mack fans? That's absolutely absurd to me.

:lol2: Can't make this up....David Padgett was represented by none other than Andy Miller during his playing days. The same Andy Miller that just got visited by the FBI. :lol2:

Jerry Eaves meeting with Postell this morning.

Jerry Eaves meeting with Postell this morning.

 

I think this is the best fit for Louisville. old-time roots, extensive D1 head coaching experience, already in town in Louisville, no baggage ... that's why I brought his name up earlier in the thread

  • Author

5pm press conference at UL, for what it's worth Forde saying it Padgett as interim

I have a brother-in-law and a good friend who are both X alums and basketball fans, they wouldn't be to upset to see Chris Mack go....

 

Interesting, I'd love to chat with both about their logic and what the issues are that are so lodged into their saddle that they'd welcome a coaching change.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.