Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hoover, AL looking for game on 9/29/07

Featured Replies

What class is hoover in? I know there like 1st in the nation.

 

 

Hoover is 6A. I think Lakeland, FL is the new #1 team.

  • Replies 104
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beat MBA! Beat MBA! Beat MBA!

 

If you want to judge our team this year based on the 1st game of the season, be my guest. You obviously have much disdain for the Rocks, and that is ok too. We are used to it. We would be a big underdog if we played Hoover. However, we were a big underdog when we crushed Elder a few years back, and we could not have been a bigger underdog in last year's state game. (which we won). Trinity likes adversity and does not shy away from it. It makes you a better player/person.

If Trinity couldn't beat MBA (3-3 last time I checked) this year at home, they would get crushed by Hoover, IMO...

Hope Coach J doesnt find out about this. He'll want to schedule them for the Pike County Bowl next year LOL! Just Kiddin coach if you read this.

Hope Coach J doesnt find out about this. He'll want to schedule them for the Pike County Bowl next year LOL! Just Kiddin coach if you read this.

 

LOL! How true. :lol:

Nobody in the state could play with Hoover High.

We have.

 

So you have found out how it feels to beat Hoover's JV team one out of four years.:D j/k...kind of.

Hey brother let's just accept that our "brand" of football is no where near these guys!! There are not enough digits on the scoreboard for this one and I do not want a "REPETE" of the Franklin Co. game x 3!!!! Let's just go to Evarts and forget this notion!!!:walk:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How about Male this year? They have speed and athleticism this year and seem to be separating themselves from the rest of us in the polls and the rating systems. Enough yanking Trinity's chain.:D Anyone care to analyze this one?

So you have found out how it feels to beat Hoover's JV team one out of four years.:D j/k...kind of.

BRJB, I'm not sure what team you support, but consider this. At least Trinity can generate a discussion of such a game. Not too many other teams would even generate a discussion. It's lonely at the top.

I'd like to see one of the GCL teams give em a try---St X, Moeller, Elder, etc....One of these may have a chance, in most years...Can't see any Ky team that could compete with exception of MAYBE T and X and that would be a big maybe...

BRJB, I'm not sure what team you support, but consider this. At least Trinity can generate a discussion of such a game. Not too many other teams would even generate a discussion. It's lonely at the top.

 

Are there any other options for a Trinity or St X...They are clearly the cream of the crop in Ky.. Numbers alone is enough and throw in the Private School issue and they are head and shoulders ahead, in most years. I would think anything less than a state championship for either, would be considered a dissapointment..Are there any kind of Private School leagues they could play in and get out of the KHSAA fold? Not trying to get anything started, just curious if there is such a league...Sort of like what Oak Hill Academy does in basketball...

I am a former KY HS fan ( Boog from Ballard)- my son's school played JT Curtis our first game down here in Louisiana- lost 45-0 but they could have won by any margin they chose. They put a whooping on Hoover and I saw the game. Let me say this, JT Curtis plays like Trinity did before the Coach Kevin and Coach B arrived. They love to run it ( although this year they have a guy named Joe Mcknight one of the best offensive threats in the nation) who can catch the long one.

 

My point is that the Trinity , Male or St. X could give Curtis a good game- possibly even winning on a given night. And, if Curtis beat Hoover, then they could play with Hoover.While the talent level is better down here ( noticeable speed and size difference with KY) and with many more D1 players on some of these teams, a well coached disciplined team with decent talent has a chance against any team anywhere in the country. Hoover is great but dont let MTV hype make you underestimate the best teams in KY!

I'd like to see one of the GCL teams give em a try---St X, Moeller, Elder, etc....One of these may have a chance, in most years...Can't see any Ky team that could compete with exception of MAYBE T and X and that would be a big maybe...

:thumb: Highlands played Male in a game situation scrimmage and scored 53 points on them..I think that could be considered competing with them........:thumb:

:thumb: Highlands played Male in a game situation scrimmage and scored 53 points on them..I think that could be considered competing with them........:thumb:

 

Surely, you don't take scrimmage games to mean anything..Plus, where did I mention Male..They're usually good, but, imo, aren't on St X and Trinitys level. I would like to see Hoover play Cinci St X or 1 of the other CGL powers...I think that would be a good ballgame to see...

Surely, you don't take scrimmage games to mean anything..Plus, where did I mention Male..They're usually good, but, imo, aren't on St X and Trinitys level. I would like to see Hoover play Cinci St X or 1 of the other CGL powers...I think that would be a good ballgame to see...

 

I disagree. I think you may be putting too much stock in the fact that they're private schools. Male consistantly competes with St. X and Trinity and is pretty much on the same level. I'd say Male's better this year, though I haven't actually seen them play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.