Pete W

Who wins Highlands or Lexington Catholic  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Highlands or Lexington Catholic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you wait until next year? Is he going to redshirt? I really do not understand this philosophy as you are only a high schooler one time and you cannot get those missed years back.

Because you wait until he's 100% and not risking it at 80... give up the year to be fully healthy and not risk reinjury to a healing bone. It's weighing risk/reward, not a redshirt.

Because you wait until he's 100% and not risking it at 80... give up the year to be fully healthy and not risk reinjury to a healing bone. It's weighing risk/reward, not a redshirt.

Where did I ever say not 100%? Oh that is right, never. "Give up the year" are you kidding me? Maybe this is part of the "culture" change as well. I give a lot of credit to the kid wanting to get out there and help his team. Maybe they need more like him because it is pretty obvious to me that he gets it.

Not sure if this is sarcastic or not.

I think this will be really close and I think the Birds will win. I think the key factors are:

1 - Lex Cath doesn't have a D1 caliber bruising RB.

2 - Highlands get some health back, I know that Coop Schalbach is back, hopefully some of the LBs.

Lex Cath 45

Highlands 52

I wasn't being sarcastic at all. Highlands has an offense that will put points on the board.

Where did I ever say not 100%? Oh that is right, never. "Give up the year" are you kidding me? Maybe this is part of the "culture" change as well. I give a lot of credit to the kid wanting to get out there and help his team. Maybe they need more like him because it is pretty obvious to me that he gets it.

Jack, I was simply answering your question . You asked " why wait until next year". My reply was you wait until he's 100% recovered from a major injury. The calendar or schedule does not dictate that. Let's remember, this wasn't a rolled ankle or anything like that.

I wasn't being sarcastic at all. Highlands has an offense that will put points on the board.

I was actually thinking you were being sarcastic about the Lex Cath Lafayette win. I can't get a read on that Lafayette. They are a 6A power one year, then get beat by a Lex Cath team that got smoked by Cov Cath and then beat by Lex Christian which ive heard little about.

What is Lex Cath's running game like? Seems like Lex Cath's MO has been a good QB with a couple really good WRs, still the same Lex Cath?

Heard the same thing...

It would be nice to see them both playing this Friday night but I'm not sure that's realistic(I hope I'm wrong). I think they may still need some time to get acclimated. Huddleston hasn't gone FULL HUDDY yet but he is in pads and Ahlfeld just got fully cleared yesterday.

Though, IMO, once they are up and going they should be both playing offense and defense. At this point, it need's to be about winning for HHS and both offer homerun capabilities that Highlands needs and could use on both sides of the ball.

It would be nice to see them both playing this Friday night but I'm not sure that's realistic(I hope I'm wrong). I think they may still need some time to get acclimated. Huddleston hasn't gone FULL HUDDY yet but he is in pads and Ahlfeld just got fully cleared yesterday.

Though, IMO, once they are up and going they should be both playing offense and defense. At this point, it need's to be about winning for HHS and both offer homerun capabilities that Highlands needs and could use on both sides of the ball.

Personally, I think Bowman, C. Schwalbach, Huddy, and Johnson should be playing both sides of the ball. Maybe not every play, but certainly more than 50%.