Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN is reporting Burfict suspended 5 games.

Featured Replies

This is baloney. you see much worse or at least the same every week. I will never understand how guys can basically disrespect police or women and get a game or two (Pac Man) and a guy plays hard and gets punished 5 times more.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
This is baloney. you see much worse or at least the same every week. I will never understand how guys can basically disrespect police or women and get a game or two (Pac Man) and a guy plays hard and gets punished 5 times more.

 

Makes no sense. Burfict is basically punished because of who he is, and since he is strong and can knock someone down like that with just a shoulder.

 

The worst part is there is no way they completely overturn it if they do at all. It will either stay the same or go down to 3 games as the least it will go to.

Good.

 

Completely unnecesary hit.

As a consistent repeat offender, Burfict will get no sympathy from the league on these types of hits.

Good.

 

Completely unnecesary hit.

 

It was completely bush league. I'm not sure it was suspension worthy and definitely not five game suspension worthy but it was bush league.

I just watched the hit. I don't understand?

I don't either. It is clear the league is out to get him no matter what he does. You can't watch a single NFL game without at least a couple similar type of hits that never get penalized during or after the game. There was absolutely nothing illegal about what he did period.

It was completely bush league. I'm not sure it was suspension worthy and definitely not five game suspension worthy but it was bush league.

 

Five games is a little steep, but he continues to do these things.

It is clear the league is out to get him no matter what he does.

 

He has no one to blame but himself.

Good.

 

Completely unnecesary hit.

 

I am shocked you would respond that way since this is a Steeler mode of operation.:)

5 games? Utterly ridiculous. It was an unnecessary hit but it wasn't a dirty hit. Hell the play wasn't even penalized in the game. 5 games for that hit is gut wrenching.

I am shocked you would respond that way since this is a Steeler mode of operation.:)

It honestly like he has never seen Mike Mitchell play. This sort of play is what he is known for.

Not a football rules guy, but what exactly is the outrage over this hit? Fullback, potential receiver, comes across the middle. Burfict hits him with his shoulder. It wasn't a helmet hit, are you not allowed to hit a potential receiver across the middle of the field like that? Pass was thrown right over top of him.

As a random fan, I see nothing wrong with the hit, but like I said, I'm not that familiar with the rules. I hate that football is getting soft.

Not a football rules guy, but what exactly is the outrage over this hit? Fullback, potential receiver, comes across the middle. Burfict hits him with his shoulder. It wasn't a helmet hit, are you not allowed to hit a potential receiver across the middle of the field like that? Pass was thrown right over top of him.

As a random fan, I see nothing wrong with the hit, but like I said, I'm not that familiar with the rules. I hate that football is getting soft.

 

It'll be soccer one of these days.

I am shocked you would respond that way since this is a Steeler mode of operation.:)

 

I dislike Mike Mitchell for the same reasons.

It honestly like he has never seen Mike Mitchell play. This sort of play is what he is known for.

 

Whoops...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.