ESPN is reporting Burfict suspended 5 games.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is baloney. you see much worse or at least the same every week. I will never understand how guys can basically disrespect police or women and get a game or two (Pac Man) and a guy plays hard and gets punished 5 times more.

Makes no sense. Burfict is basically punished because of who he is, and since he is strong and can knock someone down like that with just a shoulder.

The worst part is there is no way they completely overturn it if they do at all. It will either stay the same or go down to 3 games as the least it will go to.

I just watched the hit. I don't understand?

I don't either. It is clear the league is out to get him no matter what he does. You can't watch a single NFL game without at least a couple similar type of hits that never get penalized during or after the game. There was absolutely nothing illegal about what he did period.

Not a football rules guy, but what exactly is the outrage over this hit? Fullback, potential receiver, comes across the middle. Burfict hits him with his shoulder. It wasn't a helmet hit, are you not allowed to hit a potential receiver across the middle of the field like that? Pass was thrown right over top of him.

As a random fan, I see nothing wrong with the hit, but like I said, I'm not that familiar with the rules. I hate that football is getting soft.

Not a football rules guy, but what exactly is the outrage over this hit? Fullback, potential receiver, comes across the middle. Burfict hits him with his shoulder. It wasn't a helmet hit, are you not allowed to hit a potential receiver across the middle of the field like that? Pass was thrown right over top of him.

As a random fan, I see nothing wrong with the hit, but like I said, I'm not that familiar with the rules. I hate that football is getting soft.

It'll be soccer one of these days.