BluegrassPreps Class 2A Pre-Season Rankings (Discussion)

Ram

Sometimes it's good to fly under the radar...if that's possible for the Cards.

This is about as close as they could ever get to flying under the radar.

They moved up from 1A just as the two Louisville privates are solidifying their status as elite programs and Clevenger's got the Ads back to their old ways. Throw in LCA and Owensboro Catholic, and you've got the best class in in the Bluegrass.

I just don't see the Cards reigning over 2A the way they did 1A. Wouldn't put it past them, though.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WV has a chance to do big things this year with a QB that can spin it and with several large receivers. Air Barth looks to take off! Could be a big year if they can avoid injury.

For the kids' sake, I hope that they do, I love it when smaller squads get a chance to go toe-to-toe w/ deeper teams. What is the depth like overall? The Western teams are so loaded with depth that it is tough to match up to.

DeSales fans are I would say cautiously optimistic. I think we will be a better team, this year, than last. We'll once again have about 4-5 kids running the ball, and our QB has matured quite a bit. He throws the ball nicely, and is a definite threat to take off. Defense, well it's DeSales. We expect a tough hard nosed defense.

We'll know more after Friday night's scrimmage with Meade County.

If Mayfield is really the number 5 team in 2A it is going to be a great season!

How about it Mayfield Fans, are the Cards too high? Too low?

I would guess about right for now and suspect there will be some lumps early. If the QB, kicking and punting production comes around this will be a very serious title contender. This team should have a great line, WR's and backs on O and I expect the defense to be very good.

I would guess about right for now and suspect there will be some lumps early. If the QB, kicking and punting production comes around this will be a very serious title contender. This team should have a great line, WR's and backs on O and I expect the defense to be very good.

In that case, 5 sounds too low to me. :)

I'd have Mayfield at #2, maybe #3, behind CAL and pretty even with Desales.. I'd also have OB Catholic right behind those 3 at #4.. The Aces could very well represent the west this year.. I think LCA and Danville are also very good teams and wouldn't be far behind these others.. NCC and Somerset are solid at 7 & 8 and it wouldn't matter much which one you listed 1st.. I look for Murray to have a bounce back season this year and be somewhere in the bottom of the Top 10 along with Walton Verona.. The Tigers were extremely young last year and have a lot of experience returning..

For the kids' sake, I hope that they do, I love it when smaller squads get a chance to go toe-to-toe w/ deeper teams. What is the depth like overall? The Western teams are so loaded with depth that it is tough to match up to.

They are fairly deep for a 2A team. I think that this is the most talented class as a whole that I have seen at WV. I think they have the potential to throw the ball much more than in any previous seasons.

One thing is for sure, NewCath will be "battle tested" come playoff time.......as usual.

Dont think it will help them this year.

:stop: You say this every year, yet they always are contending in the end.

Sooner or later you might be right. :lol:

Heard Danville looked better than Southwestern last night. The Ads offense is just as good or better than last season. It's going to be a good season Title Town.

Southwestern is a hot mess right now, Danville folks should take much out of scrimmaging them.