BluegrassPreps Class 2A Pre-Season Rankings (Discussion)

Ram

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danville the team to beat? I say no. Does LCA belong at # 2? Again I say no. I still think the best football is played in the west. I again think the west will produce another state title.

I think Danville gets the top spot right now because they return more than anyone else from a state runner-up team.

LCA is a pretty solid #3, in my opinion. Arguably, no one returns more talent on offense than they do. If they just returned a little more on defense, they might have had a case for #1.

The 2017 champ might very well come from the West, but right now all anyone has to go on is what teams return from last year. On paper, the Ads look like the top team, for now. Will they stay there? Who knows.

All I know for sure about this class is that it's LOADED at the top.

If Mayfield is really the number 5 team in 2A it is going to be a great season!

How about it Mayfield Fans, are the Cards too high? Too low?

I don't think the Mayfield fans really know yet.

A scrimmage is this Friday and that will tell some.

Next Friday, I think we will know when Mayfield plays Union City, Tennessee who most have at #1 or #2 in class 2A in their state.

Based on what little we have to go on, I would have put Mayfield at 3 or 4.

I do think this team can win the state title if just a few pieces come together.

I don't think the Mayfield fans really know yet.

A scrimmage is this Friday and that will tell some.

Next Friday, I think we will know when Mayfield plays Union City, Tennessee who most have at #1 or #2 in class 2A in their state.

Based on what little we have to go on, I would have put Mayfield at 3 or 4.

I do think this team can win the state title if just a few pieces come together.

Thanks for the info snake and please give us an update on the scrimmages.

This also is the 1st time since 2009 that Mayfield hasn't been ranked #1 or #2. I do believe most teams, for the majority have been #1.

The Cards should be really hungry this year after getting bounced from the playoffs last year and being slighted going into 2017.