US Flag Etiquette

Bert

Can someone help me with flag etiquette? A group I am involved with is making up T shirts for their annual convention. They sent out a picture of what the shirts will look like. The shirts will have four flags on it, the State Flag of KY one the upper left, the US Flag to the right of the KY State Flag, both equal height on the shirt, then, two flags of the organization, one directly below the KY State Flag and one directly below the US Flag.

Doesn't flag etiquette state the US Flag should be on it's own right (the viewer's left) and higher than all other flags? Thanks for your help. I don't think these guys meant to disrespect the flag, just didn't know any better.

Can someone help me with flag etiquette? A group I am involved with is making up T shirts for their annual convention. They sent out a picture of what the shirts will look like. The shirts will have four flags on it, the State Flag of KY one the upper left, the US Flag to the right of the KY State Flag, both equal height on the shirt, then, two flags of the organization, one directly below the KY State Flag and one directly below the US Flag.

Doesn't flag etiquette state the US Flag should be on it's own right (the viewer's left) and higher than all other flags? Thanks for your help. I don't think these guys meant to disrespect the flag, just didn't know any better.

Here's a link to the American Legion that lets you, "Ask the Flag Expert a Question."

Ask the Flag Expert | The American Legion

Flag pins are meant to be worn over the wearers heart, or left lapel, so the US flag on the shirt (viewer's right) seems correct. Arranged above the state flag? Probably. I don't think the placement is actually the issue. Using it when attached to clothing for promotional purposes might be.

Title 4 - U.S. Code. § 176. Respect for flag. (i).

USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - United States Code

I'd be interested learning what you find out from the expert.

Edited by Runcible Owl