Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mississippi Police Raid Wrong Home, Kill Occupant

Featured Replies

  • Replies 77
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I understand that there is a greater chance of finding someone at home in the late evening/early morning hours, I've always wondered about the darkness factor ramping up the risk of something bad happening.

I wonder if the warrant had the wrong address or if the police went to a different address that's on the warrant?

 

I would hope there would be body camera's rolling to corroborate the victim's lawyer story or the police's about verbal warnings and the victim having a gun.

  • Author
I wonder if the warrant had the wrong address or if the police went to a different address that's on the warrant?

 

I would hope there would be body camera's rolling to corroborate the victim's lawyer story or the police's about verbal warnings and the victim having a gun.

 

The article said that they went to the wrong address.

I may be completely wrong, but didn't something similar happen in Mississippi last year?

The article said that they went to the wrong address.

 

The article said the victim's lawyer said they went to the wrong address. It was obviously the wrong address. Just curious if the warrant had the wrong address listed on it.

This article says that they went to the wrong address :

 

Police raid wrong home, kill man inside | KGW.com

 

Yes, the police screwed up. A lot of times the address is wrong on the warrant. Sad part, even though the police went to the wrong address, if the guy had a gun and wouldn't put it down, they will not be charged. I sure hope there is camera/video footage proving one way or the other. I know if I was startled at home, the first I would grab is my gun.

If the address is correct on the warrant and you raid the wrong house, everybody has to go.

Interesting, I just read there wasn't a written warrant until the next day. The police went at the discretion of another department who gave them phone instructions. Not looking good at all.

 

ttps://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/07/27/lawyers-family-slain-man-dispute-police-account/515592001/

 

The Southaven police were helping officers in neighboring Tate County, Miss., search for a domestic violence suspect.

 

Sheriff Brad Lance said Wednesday that an investigating deputy called Southaven police and gave them the address for Samuel Pearman, who was accused of choking his ex-girlfriend at a gas station earlier Sunday night.

 

Lance said it was his understanding that the officers went to the wrong address.

 

A written warrant wasn't issued for Pearman until the following day, the sheriff said.

 

Pearman is still missing.

Interesting, I just read there wasn't a written warrant until the next day. The police went at the discretion of another department who gave them phone instructions. Not looking good at all.

 

ttps://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/07/27/lawyers-family-slain-man-dispute-police-account/515592001/

 

The Southaven police were helping officers in neighboring Tate County, Miss., search for a domestic violence suspect.

 

Sheriff Brad Lance said Wednesday that an investigating deputy called Southaven police and gave them the address for Samuel Pearman, who was accused of choking his ex-girlfriend at a gas station earlier Sunday night.

 

Lance said it was his understanding that the officers went to the wrong address.

 

A written warrant wasn't issued for Pearman until the following day, the sheriff said.

 

Pearman is still missing.

 

:ohbrother: :grumpy:

I'm not commenting on what was right or wrong but headlines like the title of this thread immediately mislead people.

 

Based on what I've read, this was NOT a raid. They didn't kick his door in with a no knock warrant. They knocked on the door... there is nothing illegal about that. Police can knock on your door just like anyone else.

 

The story so far as ive seen is...

 

Police knocked on the door, family claims they didn't hear the knock but heard their dog barking. Man opens door, dog runs out and is shot and wounded by police. Police allegedly see him holding a gun at the door way in their direction and tell him to drop it. They say he doesnt and they shoot him.

 

That's the basics of what I've read. If this happened like this, and the police simply knock on his door and he greets them with a gun...what should they do? Is he allowed to point a gun at police if they knock on his door?

I'm not commenting on what was right or wrong but headlines like the title of this thread immediately mislead people.

 

Based on what I've read, this was NOT a raid. They didn't kick his door in with a no knock warrant. They knocked on the door... there is nothing illegal about that. Police can knock on your door just like anyone else.

 

The story so far as ive seen is...

 

Police knocked on the door, family claims they didn't hear the knock but heard their dog barking. Man opens door, dog runs out and is shot and wounded by police. Police allegedly see him holding a gun at the door way in their direction and tell him to drop it. They say he doesnt and they shoot him.

 

That's the basics of what I've read. If this happened like this, and the police simply knock on his door and he greets them with a gun...what should they do? Is he allowed to point a gun at police if they knock on his door?

 

He greeted them with a gun, after they shot his dog.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.