Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's the biggest "Homer" radio personality you know?

Featured Replies

We all know them, the guys who keep us up on our favorite teams via the radio.

Some of them are straight to the point, but some...WOW! They're the ones who have conspiracy theories involving officials, think that the 22 man team they call for could beat the Patriots "on a given night, and the ones who make those of us who don't follow that particular team have crawling skin.

They are the Homers!!! Who are these people around the state? The best, The worst?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

  • Replies 89
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not for sure about radio guys, but the Williamsburg game anouncer falls into that class. Was very upset two years ago how he handles himself being a game anouncer.

  • Author

The announcer can get under your skin and the radio guy gets really, really biased, also, especially during what he considers rivalry games. He almost sounds like the sideline fans calling a game.

Sometimes you think he's going to have a stroke in the middle of a 4 yard Jackets gain. I worry about him sometimes!!!!

The announcer can get under your skin and the radio guy gets really, really biased, also, especially during what he considers rivalry games. He almost sounds like the sideline fans calling a game.

Sometimes you think he's going to have a stroke in the middle of a 4 yard Jackets gain. I worry about him sometimes!!!!

 

Just more to look forward to this Friday night....:fire:

Dickie Martin

:D :D

I was waiting for his name.

LOL...You knew it wouldn't take long

LOL...You knew it wouldn't take long

;) ;)

If Dickie Martin doesn't aggravate you, you are incapable of being aggravated.

I enjoy listening to Dickie Martin.

If Dickie Martin doesn't aggravate you, you are incapable of being aggravated.

Though he may aggravate you, he can call a game with the best of them. You can see the game when he does play by play. He gets carried away sometime with his comments but it only natural that he is rooting for his team to win, I have also heard him say his team played lousy. There have seen some instances where the announcer tried not to show where his loyalty was and believe me it is a whole lot worse than what Dickie Martin could ever do.

I also enjoy hearing him call a game and hope that he continues for a long time.

I enjoy listening to Dickie Martin.

:thumb: I also enjoy listening to Dickie Martin, imo he is by far the best play by play man in h.s. football and basketball that I have heard. Yes, he is a homer but I can deal with that. He has been the play by play man for the Ashland Tomcats for many years and he should be a homer. I can block out all of his extra comments and take them with a grain of salt. They really do not bother me, his play by play more than makes up for it.

St. X's radio guys can get some serious homerism going.

John Hardins announcer is the worst Ive ever seen. He can really get under the skin of opposing teams.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.