Girls Sweet 16 to Rupp Arena

The tickets at the schools were $11 and if you team won they were $11 at the ticket office after that game. If you bought them at the arena the next day it was $13.

That is not for the reserved seats that people buy for all the sessions.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what it was up at BB&T Arena. I'm thinking it was $15 just a regular seat. Could be wrong on that but that is what keeps popping up in my mind. But I am getting older and the mind is not what it use to be.

Glad to see this become more centrally located. I have enjoyed the whole experience the last 2 years at BB&T and look forward to the 2018 tournament. With that being said, I do have one issue, and maybe there's nothing that can be done about it, but I hate that they have a seat listed on the tickets. It seems to me that it would work a lot better if they simply listed a section. By listing a specific seat, they break families up in the stands and folks get aggravated if they approach their seat and someone is in it! Can't say I blame them, but it would be better to just sell by the section and make it first come first serve... JMO, and a thought on the whole experience!

I just think the girls tourney loses a little bit of its identity by being in the same place as the boys. They had that at WKU and haven't really had a chance to develop it at NKU yet. I'm sure it would come. Now they're just doing what the boys do. With all of the events now in Lex, looks like the KHSAA and UK/Lex are in bed together.

Put a little more of the history and tradition back into it.....I know this will start a "discussion" and I won't take part in it. WKU was the perfect place for it and when it left, it almost seemed like it turned into just another tournament. I am from Louisville , so save the homer thoughts and responses. Stated my feeling on it and will read anyone else's that cares to chime in.

Only to the bolded. So you want more history and tradition (i.e. caring about the event maybe?) brought back to the tournament? Correct?

Yet you are good moving it to Lexington in a 23,000 seat arena in March? Yeah, that's a nice little chance to find a niche for this tournament. Nothing else going on basketball wise in this area that time of year.

It is what it is, but IMO the move to Lexington isn't a good idea. If I'm looking at venues for my event, I'm not sure the first thing I want to say is, "we'll need to drop curtains around half the arena." That might tell me the venue may be too large???

Drop the curtains, and building size remains the same. 4,000 people in a building as big as Rupp, with ceilings as high as Rupp, is still going to sound like 4,000 people in a building built to house 23,000. You can't get around it.

My guess is the only thing Northern Ky., couldn't fix to keep the tournament past 2018, is geography. That's a shame.

Only to the bolded. So you want more history and tradition (i.e. caring about the event maybe?) brought back to the tournament? Correct?

Yet you are good moving it to Lexington in a 23,000 seat arena in March? Yeah, that's a nice little chance to find a niche for this tournament. Nothing else going on basketball wise in this area that time of year.

Would have preferred the tournament going back to WKU....but they did not ask for my opinion on it. But I will give Lexington a chance to be better than my experience at NKU. Maybe it will, maybe it won't?

Would have preferred the tournament going back to WKU....but they did not ask for my opinion on it. But I will give Lexington a chance to be better than my experience at NKU. Maybe it will, maybe it won't?

I know they didn't ask for your opinion on the matter.

I'm asking you for an opinion. If you want history, and tradition brought back to the tournament, how do you think that's going to be accomplished at Rupp Arena, in Lexington in March???

How can you see that playing out well?

• 4 weeks later...
The UK women play there and have no issues with parking everyone

Okay one word didn't get it.

Parking for buses and spectators. It would have to coincide with UK's Spring Break if on campus to even have a chance.