Girls Sweet 16 to Rupp Arena

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I've never been to UK's Memorial Coliseum, but I often hear it being discussed as a possible location to hold a tournament, but never with much serious consideration.

From a capacity standpoint it would seem that 10,000 would be enough, and would also keep the tourney from feeling like a ghost town that holding it at Rupp could possibly make it feel like.

I'm happy to see it being moved to a more centralized location, but was wondering if anyone has any input as to why Memorial wouldn't make more sense?

At the state AD's meeting a couple of weeks ago, Julian Tackett said (if approved) it would be during separate weeks. I suspect their desire is for the boys tournament will be the last week of the college regular season and the girls tournament would be during the men's SEC tournament.

I see this happening to try to boost the attendance for the boys state tournament.

Rupp is FAR too big to host the girls tournament. It's going to be like playing in a near empty gym.

If they do only lower arena seating initially (and only open the top if necessary) I don't see it being any different than playing at a 10,000 seat facility.

If they do only lower arena seating initially (and only open the top if necessary) I don't see it being any different than playing at a 10,000 seat facility.

Good point. I think the bottom of Rupp is 10,000 seats. I'd curtain off everything up top and just sell the bottom for girls.

Good point. I think the bottom of Rupp is 10,000 seats. I'd curtain off everything up top and just sell the bottom for girls.

I wonder how pricing will be. With the boys @ Rupp you had the choice of upper section at half the price of the lower.

If the girls is "lower only" (which I understand why) will the price be less than what it is for the lower level at the boys tourney?

I wonder how pricing will be. With the boys @ Rupp you had the choice of upper section at half the price of the lower.

If the girls is "lower only" (which I understand why) will the price be less than what it is for the lower level at the boys tourney?

What do girls state tournament tickets typically cost per session? I know the boys are $18 in the lowers, but I'd imagine the girls might not run as high.

What do girls state tournament tickets typically cost per session? I know the boys are $18 in the lowers, but I'd imagine the girls might not run as high.

Not completely sure, but I think that it was somewhere in the $11-$13 range.

I didn't attend the girls tourney at the BB&T @ NKU so I'm not sure if there was any difference between the uppers and lowers, or even if there was assigned seating.

The 9th Region Boys was General Admission except for perhaps the VIP court side seats.

Not completely sure, but I think that it was somewhere in the $11-$13 range.

I didn't attend the girls tourney at the BB&T @ NKU so I'm not sure if there was any difference between the uppers and lowers, or even if there was assigned seating.

The 9th Region Boys was General Admission except for perhaps the VIP court side seats.

The tickets at the schools were $11 and if you team won they were $11 at the ticket office after that game. If you bought them at the arena the next day it was $13.