BGP QOTD: What do you wish you were good at that you're actually terrible at?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

1. To be good a general repair stuff, like cars, carpentry, electrical and plumbing. I wouldn't have to be great, just above average. Ms. Prof has told me the extent of my knowledge of fixing things is screwing in a light bulb and putting gas in the car.

2 Number two on my list would be playing guitar and piano.

3. Next on list would be golf. It would feel great to be able to hit a drive 300+ and be a scratch golfer. About the only scratching I do at this game is my head after the third straight fat shot!

Directions. I get lost all the time. Have an old car with no GP and can never make it work on my phone. Always good with lefts and rights, but if someone tells me to "head east," you might as well tell me to drive to the moon.

Fortunately, I learned long ago to build 15 "lost" minutes into my time so I am rarely late.

Husband can drive anywhere, anytime like it is nothing. I am so envious.

I wish, when I was in 5th grade and I told my folks I wanted to be in "a band," they wouldn't have misunderstood that to mean I wanted to be in "the band" at school. Maybe I'd have gotten a guitar instead of a trombone. Chicks don't much dig the trombone. They dig the guitar. I have the lyrics, and I hear the music to go with them in my head, but I have no way to introduce them to the world. I'm thinking about offering those lyrics up to some local musicians who have eyes toward being famous, for a modest co-write credit for my troubles.

That, and the fact that I begged my folks to send me to a school that had football (my HS has only had FB about 10 years, which is waaayy too late for it to help me), but they never did.

I'm terrible at talking to women (which I also wish I was better at), and either of those two factors would have gone a long way toward at least making it easier to land women in spite of my mealy-mouthed attempts to find the one.