Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Questions for Parents

Featured Replies

At what age do you allow your high school aged son or daughter have their boy/girl friend stay all night? Sleep separate or together?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

On a side note, I have no kids. Just over heard some parents at ballpark talking and I was shocked at some of what I heard.

I don't have HS age children yet, but I will not allow that at any age in High School. I don't see any scenario where that is acceptable.

  • Author

I dated the same girl in college and I'm pretty sure she is the only one that ever came home with me on the weekends and I had to sleep on the couch.

I don't see any "sleep overs" happening while still in high school...under any circumstances in my house.

 

In an emergency my couch would always be available. I have a direct line of site from my bed to my daughters bed room door, so even in that case I'd have a lot of control over the situation.

I have no kids yet either, but I do find this interesting. Are those of you who answered just in the "not under my roof" mentality or would you be against them staying the night together elsewhere as well e.g. camping trip, spring break, prom night hotel?This is assuming they're seniors and legal adults, but still in high school.

Uh, none. Especially my daughter.

Each to his own, but at no time in high school would I have allowed any boyfriend or girlfriend of the kids spend the night at the house, much less in the same bedroom together. However, because my kids knew how Mrs. S and I felt about having sex before being old enough and responsible enough to deal with the possible consequences, neither attempted to get permission.

It hasn't come up with my kid still in high school or when my two in college where in high school. I'm ok with a GF/BF staying over but they'll sleep on separate floors of the house. My son in college has had his GF stay over several times, but again in separate rooms. They've never asked to stay in the same room, and I really don't know that at this point I'd tell them no. I'd be naive to think they haven't slept over while away at school. My wife and I were basically living together by the time we were 21 ( although somewhat on the down low as we never really told our parents).

I am not sure I would be comfortable with a sleep over until they are married. If looking at age, maybe mid 20's someplace and only then if it is an established, committed relationship. I would have to think about it even then.

At what age do you allow your high school aged son or daughter have their boy/girl friend stay all night? Sleep separate or together?

 

That was NOT an option. If I took them on a family vacation with us, separate sleeping area for the boyfriend or girlfriend.

I am not sure I would be comfortable with a sleep over until they are married. If looking at age, maybe mid 20's someplace and only then if it is an established, committed relationship. I would have to think about it even then.

 

Just out of curiosity, what do you think you'd be preventing by not allowing your child in their early 20's to spend a night together in your house? I understand the concern, but at that point they are adults, and if they are away at college, have likely already spent more nights together than you'd care to imagine. I'm just not sure that for a kid in their early 20's, it's not really worth it or all that productive to be uptight about it.

 

Again, not appropriate for teenagers, especially those in high school.

High school never happened at our house and would not have been allowed, although all four in their 30's now have told us they had sex in high school. We didn't think so then. College, they never brought a GF/BF home for the night. I probably would have just let them, they all lived with their BF/GF in college from their sophomore years on.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.