Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Questions for Parents

Featured Replies

I may be a prude, but is this a serious question?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In this day and age only bad things can happen. You personally can be held accountable for actions of your kids.

 

You can be held liable for false accusations of something and even after going to court and spending money to clear your name, you still carry the stigma of that problem.

I don't have HS age children yet, but I will not allow that at any age in High School. I don't see any scenario where that is acceptable.

 

This. Can't think of any reason it would be okay at that age.

In this day and age only bad things can happen. You personally can be held accountable for actions of your kids.

 

You can be held liable for false accusations of something and even after going to court and spending money to clear your name, you still carry the stigma of that problem.

 

Say what?

Just out of curiosity, what do you think you'd be preventing by not allowing your child in their early 20's to spend a night together in your house? I understand the concern, but at that point they are adults, and if they are away at college, have likely already spent more nights together than you'd care to imagine. I'm just not sure that for a kid in their early 20's, it's not really worth it or all that productive to be uptight about it.

 

Again, not appropriate for teenagers, especially those in high school.

 

Purely a statement of personal standards/morals. I am not looking to prevent anything. Even though things may surely be happening elsewhere, lines and standards need to be drawn somewhere and that is where it feels comfortable for me.

Say what?

 

I know a dad whose son had his girlfriend over and she ended up accusing the dad of touching her at night, etc. IMO the dad was innocent and found not guilty but none the less it cost him his job, reputation, and lawyer money.

 

Dont think stuff like that dont happen.

Purely a statement of personal standards/morals. I am not looking to prevent anything. Even though things may surely be happening elsewhere, lines and standards need to be drawn somewhere and that is where it feels comfortable for me.

 

I get it. I'd just rather acknowledge the elephant in the room rather than have my kids put on a show for me. My feeling is that by doing so I'd be encouraging them to be dishonest with me when the reality is we all know it's not true the days they aren't staying at the house.

 

Again, I'm speaking about older college kids, not teenagers.

In this day and age only bad things can happen. You personally can be held accountable for actions of your kids.

 

You can be held liable for false accusations of something and even after going to court and spending money to clear your name, you still carry the stigma of that problem.

 

Agreed, no sleepovers of any kind for my kids, nor will they go to any. Cant risk it anymore.

Never. I don't want that garbage in my house. We usually just pay for them a hotel room.

Agreed, no sleepovers of any kind for my kids, nor will they go to any. Cant risk it anymore.

 

So you're against letting your kids have any friends stay overnight? I'm not talking boyfriend/girlfriend, I'm just talking friends.

Never. I don't want that garbage in my house. We usually just pay for them a hotel room.

 

Classic!!

So you're against letting your kids have any friends stay overnight? I'm not talking boyfriend/girlfriend, I'm just talking friends.

 

Yep, that friend goes home to their parents, says something happened that didnt and you're in deep stuff. Not putting myself or the family in the situation.

Never in high school.

 

It did happen later when in college. They were pretty much living together at college. They are still married 17 years later.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.