What epic movie scene still gives you the chills?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the patrons at Rick's Cafe start singing "La Marseillaise" and drown out the German officers. When the camera cuts to Madeleine LeBeau and she has tears rolling down her face as she belts it at the top of her lungs... I lose it every time. Instant goosebumps.

[video=youtube;HM-E2H1ChJM]

Fantastic! It's amazing how many people haven't seen Casablanca. I quote the movie all the time and people just look at me with blank stares on their faces.

Fantastic! It's amazing how many people haven't seen Casablanca. I quote the movie all the time and people just look at me with blank stares on their faces.

People will quote it without even knowing what they're quoting.

"Play it, Sam."

"I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

Heck, I'm pretty sure the use of the phrase "usual suspects" was coined by the writers of this movie and wasn't part of English idiom until they put it together in that script.

"

Secretariat - even though we all know the outcome, it still gives me goosebumps.

Since you like this, if you haven't, youtube the CBS replays of the 1973 triple crown races. Each are 5 part...pre-race, post-race....it is a glimpse back in time, but they were very entertaining and Secretariat's performances were clearly brilliant. The movie was based on Bill Nack's book of the same name, and he gives a great account of each race. The movie did a reasonable job, but the book is much better.

Secretariat was not Penny Tweedy's favorite, Riva Ridge was, who just missed the triple crown a year earlier.