April 27, 20179 yr I would imagine Davis will be there at #41 if they really want him. There's about 3-4 WRs I'd take before I even considered that guy. That is what I'm hoping for. Some people have Davis rated higher than Mike Williams. Which as I have stated, I think Davis is the best Wr in this draft. So I hope the fact that he couldn't participate in drills with his off season ankle injury makes him fall in the draft. I think the Ravens will take him in the first round though.
April 27, 20179 yr ********** TRADE ALERT *********** Bengals trade their #9 pick and AJ McCarron to the Browns for the #1 pick The Bengals then take Garrett I'd be ok with that. No thanks. Not a fan of giving a division rival who can't find a qb, a qb. Especially when it's only to move up 8 spots. If we are going to do that, I would only if it's McCarron and a 4th rounder and we keep our 9 pick too. Other wise I don't do that. Your trade gives the browns a Qb and then also having the 9 and 12th picks too.
April 27, 20179 yr No thanks. Not a fan of giving a division rival who can't find a qb, a qb. Especially when it's only to move up 8 spots. If we are going to do that, I would only if it's McCarron and a 4th rounder and we keep our 9 pick too. Other wise I don't do that. Your trade gives the browns a Qb and then also having the 9 and 12th picks too. So you're of the belief that AJ McCarron is a #1 overall pick talent? The Bengals would be extremely lucky to have any team offer them a 1st rounder for McCarron. Probably can't even get a 2nd for him.
April 27, 20179 yr So you're of the belief that AJ McCarron is a #1 overall pick talent? The Bengals would be extremely lucky to have any team offer them a 1st rounder for McCarron. Probably can't even get a 2nd for him. Which is why I am perfectly fine with not trading him. Especially if as you say, they couldn't even get a 2nd rounder for him. Then I think they are definitely right in not trading him. More value in keeping him, than getting a third rounder, imo. Honestly I would trade Dalton. You get more back for him, save money, and can use that money saved to lock up guys like Eifert and Burfict. However, I know this leads to a whole other debate, in terms of Dalton and that has been talked about enough in regards to him lol.
April 27, 20179 yr Which is why I am perfectly fine with not trading him. Especially if as you say, they couldn't even get a 2nd rounder for him. Then I think they are definitely right in not trading him. More value in keeping him, than getting a third rounder, imo. Honestly I would trade Dalton. You get more back for him, save money, and can use that money saved to lock up guys like Eifert and Burfict. However, I know this leads to a whole other debate, in terms of Dalton and that has been talked about enough in regards to him lol. So you don't think they could get a 1st round pick for him, but yet you'd turn down the #1 overall pick?
April 27, 20179 yr So you don't think they could get a 1st round pick for him, but yet you'd turn down the #1 overall pick? Imo I think he would prove he would have been worth a first round pick, when the day comes that he is a full time starter. So I do think he is worth a first rounder in my view of him as a qb. With that said I can see why teams may not be willing to give up a first rounder based off a few starts. I don't consider giving a divison rival a qb, while also allowing that team to still have 2 top 15 picks a good or smart trade. That would allow the Browns to possibly get their qb, OJ Howard, and another top player. All the while where we only move up 8 spots for one guy. Plus always a possibility the top pick doesn't end up as great. Which has happened with top 5 DL in the past.
April 27, 20179 yr I don't have a clue who Matt Miller is. Adam Schefter is the guy putting it out there that I've seen and he's usually pretty well connected. Oh, I thought you were reacting to @GrizzlyAdams post #88 which he posted at 3:30 am. He included a link to a twitter feed by Matt Miller that supposedly was breaking the news that Cleveland would pick Trubisky at #1 (though that has been bantered around for a month now). ********** TRADE ALERT *********** Bengals trade their #9 pick and AJ McCarron to the Browns for the #1 pick The Bengals then take Garrett I'd be ok with that. There is speculation that the Browns will trade for a veteran QB and give up some picks to do so, but not #1. What veteran QB that may be available is worth a #1? Some say the Browns may be willing to part with #12, but most seem to think it will be #33 and some future 2nd round pick. This is also why I don't think they go for Trubisky or any other QB in this draft at #1. There just isn't a QB with #1 talent. It is more likely that the Browns will take Garrett at #1 and then try to move up to select the QB they like by trading the #12 and some 2nd round pick, either this year's of next year's. They've got 2 - 2nd rounders this year and in 2018.
April 27, 20179 yr Here's a couple of reasons not to pick Clemson's DeShaun Watson before some other QBs are off the board, per Terry Pluto: 11. Watson threw 17 interceptions in 15 games. I went through Dane Brugler's draft guide of the top 15 quarterbacks. No one else threw more than 15 interceptions. Compare that with Trubisky (6), Kizer (12), Mahomes (12) and Webb (12). 12. So the interceptions would be a concern. So would the velocity. At the NFL Combine, he was clocked at 49 mph. It's a shockingly low numberl. This has to bother the Browns analytics department. They may believe Watson can overcome that, but the lack of velocity on some throws can explain why he had so many interceptions. 13. Here's how some big names were clocked at the 2017 Combine: Mahomes (60 mph), Davis Webb (59 mph), Kizer (56 mph) and Trubisky (55 mph). 14. Here are some readings from 2016: Cody Kessler (55 mph), Paxton Lynch (59 mph), Jared Goff (58 mph), Carson Wentz (57 mph), Dak Prescott (54 mph), Kevin Hogan (53 mph) and Connor Cook (50 mph). 15. Watson's lack of velocity is a concern. It's rare to find a successful quarterback who throws only 49 mph. Of course, he does have more games under his belt than any other Qb in the draft and led his team to the National Championship game the last two years, winning it all this year. But his arm talent...
April 27, 20179 yr How many QBs go 1st round tonight? My guess is 4. I'm going 3. I think Kizer falls to 2nd round.
April 27, 20179 yr I think 3. 1. Trubisky 2. DeShaun Watson C. Mahomes (I hope you got the Barney Fife reference there)
April 27, 20179 yr Here we go.... 1. Browns - Garrett 2. 49ers - Thomas 3. Bears - Adams 4. Jaguars - Fournette 5. Titans - Mike Williams 6. Jets - Trubisky 7. Chargers - Hooker 8. Panthers - McCaffery 9. Bengals - Allen 10. Bills - Howard 11. Saints - Reddick 12. Browns - Watson 13. Cardinals - Mahomes 14. Eagles - Lattimore 15. Colts - Foster 16. Ravens - Ross 17. Redskins - Harris 18. Titans - Humphrey 19. Buccaneers - Cook 20. Broncos - Robinson 21. Lions - Njoku 22. Dolphins - Barnett 23. Giants - Lamp 24. Raiders - Cunningham 25. Texans - Bolles 26. Seahawks - Jackson 27. Chiefs - Kizer 28. Cowboys - Conley 29. Packers - Mixon 30. Steelers - Watt 31. Falcons - Charlton 32. Saints - Melifonwu I'll be pretty stoked if I get more than 2-3 right. :lol2:
April 27, 20179 yr Lance ZierleinVerified account @lanceZierlein 1h1 hour ago I believe the Titans already have a trade (back) in place and ready to go for this evening. I expect it to happen. And so it begins....
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.