2017-18 Duke Roster

All In

Duval and Quade Green played AAU together up until last year when Green left to get his own shine. I can't imagine Green wants to have to deal with that again, which is likely why Cal has never really pushed for the top PG in the class this cycle.

Jackson and Duval would easily be able to play together. Jackson is a scoring combo that works best as a bucket getter and secondary ball handling option. He isn't at his best dominating the ball and that is what Duval does at an elite level.

I disagree on Luke not being able to boost his stock. I think he could legit be in the mix for NPOY with another year under his belt. I'd totally get striking while the iron is hot, but if he returned he would be the star at Duke even if Allen returned.

All that said, the lure of replacing Frank Jackson will probably be the sales pitch that lands Duval at Kansas...

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duval and Quade Green played AAU together up until last year when Green left to get his own shine. I can't imagine Green wants to have to deal with that again, which is likely why Cal has never really pushed for the top PG in the class this cycle.

Jackson and Duval would easily be able to play together. Jackson is a scoring combo that works best as a bucket getter and secondary ball handling option. He isn't at his best dominating the ball and that is what Duval does at an elite level.

I disagree on Luke not being able to boost his stock. I think he could legit be in the mix for NPOY with another year under his belt. I'd totally get striking while the iron is hot, but if he returned he would be the star at Duke even if Allen returned.

All that said, the lure of replacing Frank Jackson will probably be the sales pitch that lands Duval at Kansas...

His career at Kansas must have been very brief. I don't remember it at all. Probably easier than filling Frank Mason's shoes. :lol2:

His career at Kansas must have been very brief. I don't remember it at all. Probably easier than filling Frank Mason's shoes. :lol2:

It was a hybrid of Frank Mason and Josh Jackson living in my brain... :lol2:

Bolden had the flu and was sitting on the end of the bench because he was sick and wasn't going to play. He had played some of his better ball at the end of the year.

Looks like Bolden is transferring. Might have been suffering from the "Type K" flu during the tournaments.

I never understood why he went there in the first place...simply not a fit for the offense K wants to run.

Looks like Bolden is transferring. Might have been suffering from the "Type K" flu during the tournaments.

I never understood why he went there in the first place...simply not a fit for the offense K wants to run.

His mommy made him do it.

I wish him well well wherever he lands and I am glad he is feeling better.

Do you mind going into a little more detail on this?

I guess he got some Coach K TheraFlu and is feeling all better now. :lol2: :lol2:

I am glad that Bolden is staying at Duke. I'd hate for a kid to regret his decision fully. I'm pulling for this kid to have a solid season next year.

Agreed. It's good to see that he has people around him that help make sound decisions in his life. Too many people run from the first sign of adversity but I understand that opportunity and situations are different in each scenario. I'm glad he is staying though but had he left I'd still have rooted for the kid.

Agreed. It's good to see that he has people around him that help make sound decisions in his life. Too many people run from the first sign of adversity but I understand that opportunity and situations are different in each scenario. I'm glad he is staying though but had he left I'd still have rooted for the kid.

Him thinking about leaving confused me from the start...They lost Jefferson, they lost Jeter, they lost Giles and they lost Tatum. I know they have Carter coming in, but ready or not Bolden is going to have to be that guy down low next season.

Him thinking about leaving confused me from the start...They lost Jefferson, they lost Jeter, they lost Giles and they lost Tatum. I know they have Carter coming in, but ready or not Bolden is going to have to be that guy down low next season.

Not when they land Bamba though.