2017-18 Duke Roster

All In

Trevon Duval

Gary Trent Jr- Already committed

Kevin Knox

Wendell Carter- Already committed

Mo Bamba

Bring in that class and Duke will still be ridiculously loaded next year regardless of who leaves and stays. Personally think they get 4 of the 5 with Duval/Bamba being the biggest question marks in that group.

Duval is interesting because Duke returns Frank Jackson. Does he wants to compete for minutes with Jackson? Or will K play both at the same time at the 1/2. Duval is expected to announce in April, May at the latest, so we should know about him soon...same with Knox.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trevon Duval

Kevin Knox

Mo Bamba

Bring in that class and Duke will still be ridiculously loaded next year regardless of who leaves and stays. Personally think they get 4 of the 5 with Duval/Bamba being the biggest question marks in that group.

Duval is interesting because Duke returns Frank Jackson. Does he wants to compete for minutes with Jackson? Or will K play both at the same time at the 1/2. Duval is expected to announce in April, May at the latest, so we should know about him soon...same with Knox.

Saw on ESPN today that they signed a Dunleavy-type shooting guard(forget name). I think they get Knox, but Bamba goes elsewhere, maybe Florida State over both them and UK

Saw on ESPN today that they signed a Dunleavy-type shooting guard(forget name). I think they get Knox, but Bamba goes elsewhere, maybe Florida State over both them and UK

Bamba is going to Duke or UK...I'll be really surprised if it isn't one of those two.

I could also see Duval going to Kansas instead to play with former teammate, Billy Preston.

Alex O'Connell is the kid you're talking about.

Sounds like Duke is trying to help continue to ruin college basketball.

College basketball was ruined years ago. But since you brought it up it has to be noted that Duke gained success recruiting one and dones when Jeff Capel and Nate James took over most of the recruiting when Chris Collins and WoJo left for head coaching jobs. It wasn't a change in philosophy. It was a change in recruiters.

Trevon Duval

Kevin Knox

Mo Bamba

Is Frank really a PG though? All year long all the "experts" kept saying was Duke didn't have a true PG. Isn't Duval more of a true PG?

K has ran out 3 guards in a lineup so I imagine Frank, Duval and Trent would all be in the lineup. Plus there isn't anyone else left to put out there is Grayson and Luke are gone.

College basketball was ruined years ago. But since you brought it up it has to be noted that Duke gained success recruiting one and dones when Jeff Capel and Nate James took over most of the recruiting when Chris Collins and WoJo left for head coaching jobs. It wasn't a change in philosophy. It was a change in recruiters.

Yeah, I agree with you. My comments is really just sarcasm. Everyone hates on Calipari for ruining college basketball but two of the most successful programs in the last ten years are doing it. They aren't the ones ruining it.

Yeah, I agree with you. My comments is really just sarcasm. Everyone hates on Calipari for ruining college basketball but two of the most successful programs in the last ten years are doing it. They aren't the ones ruining it.

Don't forget Kansas. Since Cal's been at Kentucky, they've had at least one one and done every year except for one...

So what is the deal with Bolden? Over hyped? Misused?

I understand he was never playing over Jefferson, but Humphries and SKJ both played more minutes at UK per game on average and scored more (neither of them had the expectations that Bolden had).

Jefferson played less than 30 minutes a game, yet Bolden didn't eat up those minutes playing in only 24 games for 6.5 minutes per game.

I hope whatever is going on with him get's straightened out at his next location.