2017-18 Duke Roster

All In

Bolden had checked out by year end - no playing time, sitting at the end of the bench. I agree he won't go pro (he will get feedback) - but it's possible he transfers.

We've seen this before with Duke - high profile recruit doesn't play as freshman and threatens to transfer, K reels him back in.

If Bolden stays he will help on the boards - I don't think he will be as effective as Jefferson was this year, and Duke will still struggle rebounding and defending the paint.

Edit: Duke is also in great shape with Duval - they may end up playing a 5 guard line-up.

Who is Duval?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/b]

That's why I started the thread. They could be completely wiped out short of Frank Jackson at guard, though pretty sure Allen and Kennard will be back. Obi,Jeter and Bolden just don't or didn'tseem to fit in for whatever reason and think all 3 will add to the growing list of K's transfers over the years. I expected a whole lot out of all 3 of those players this year, was they all injured the whole season,doghouse,grades,what? Who are the signed recruits for next season and who are they still looking to add. Jackson started out the season so strong shooting the ball and seemed to digress,similiar to Jones from last season. They need bigs and a true point, have they signed any?

All 3 were hurt. I think Bolden did good once he got healthy. Fact is that he wasn't taking Amile Jefferson's spot and that was the only available spot for him on the floor.

Would Kennard and Allen benefit from coming back? I had pegged them both as returners and I'm kind of shocked to see them being mentioned as early entrants by the majority on here.

Kennard is a mid first rounder. Not sure his stock will ever be higher.

Allen is probably a coin-flip, but he could sneak into the end of the first round. I think he'll end up going back.

Kennard is a mid first rounder. Not sure his stock will ever be higher.

Allen is probably a coin-flip, but he could sneak into the end of the first round. I think he'll end up going back.

I agree about Kennard, his stock will never get higher and he could regress if Duke brings in a really good class..

Allen was projected by many to be a high first rounder if I remember right based on potential alone after Duke won the title a couple of years back and he was the star of that championship run from late season til the end. He should have went then and was shocked when he returned. He'll stay all 4 years at Duke as will Kennard if he doesn't go this year

All 3 were hurt. I think Bolden did good once he got healthy. Fact is that he wasn't taking Amile Jefferson's spot and that was the only available spot for him on the floor.

There was such a recruiting battle between UK and Duke for him, would he have gotten more minutes at UK? I hate to see Jeter go and Obi was supposed to be a rebounding beast transfer. If injuries were 100% of their playing minutes, I understand, but seems some recruits just don't jell with K or his system . I remember complaining on here about Allen's lack of playing time his freshman year til late season and once given the chance he went on a tear and should have probably declared after the title run.

There was such a recruiting battle between UK and Duke for him, would he have gotten more minutes at UK? I hate to see Jeter go and Obi was supposed to be a rebounding beast transfer. If injuries were 100% of their playing minutes, I understand, but seems some recruits just don't jell with K or his system . I remember complaining on here about Allen's lack of playing time his freshman year til late season and once given the chance he went on a tear and should have probably declared after the title run.

Jeter never gelled. He just never caught on.

I think Obi wasn't good enough.

Bolden's injury hurt him and like I said he wasn't going to take Amile's spot. I don't think he would have taken Bam's spot at UK but we'll never know.

Disagree about Grayson. I still think he needs one more year. He's proven to have been immature and I doubt he would have been drafted after his freshman year when he has proven to be way better than what he showed us his freshman year.