March 26, 20179 yr He definitely has choked many times in the tourney. I don't consider this one of them though.They lost to a very good Oregon team today, that was just flat out better than them today. Which is why this tournament is so hard to win. Your team has one off day shooting, while the other team shoots great and plays great and your season is over. I have ALWAYS said that every team has to overcome one off day out of six games to win it all. A lot easier to overcome that off day against (for example) an NKU than an Oregon.
March 26, 20179 yr Because they're led by Bill I still maintain that Self is a excellent coach. There are some nights when the opposition is hot and you are not.
March 26, 20179 yr I still maintain that Self is a excellent coach. There are some nights when the opposition is hot and you are not. He's a great regular season coach. But his opponent tends to get "hot" all too often whether it be round 1 or round 4.
March 26, 20179 yr When you come in as overall number one seed, with arguably the NCAA player of the year Frank Mason III, playing 40 miles from home in an elite 8 game you're expected to at least make final four. I believe he is 2-8 in the elite 8 round.
March 26, 20179 yr When you come in as overall number one seed, with arguably the NCAA player of the year Frank Mason III, playing 40 miles from home in an elite 8 game you're expected to at least make final four. I believe he is 2-8 in the elite 8 round. #RockChokeJayhawk
March 26, 20179 yr When you come in as overall number one seed, with arguably the NCAA player of the year Frank Mason III, playing 40 miles from home in an elite 8 game you're expected to at least make final four. I believe he is 2-8 in the elite 8 round. Of course I recall KY being a #1 seed in 1980 and played at Rupp Arena but lost in the Sweet 16 by one to Duke. It happens .
March 26, 20179 yr Of course I recall KY being a #1 seed in 1980 and played at Rupp Arena but lost in the Sweet 16 by one to Duke. It happens . Never said #1's don't lose, yes it happens. However your example goes back 37 years ago and they lost by 1. Again 2-8 in Elite 8 and blown out by 14.
March 26, 20179 yr Also this year... Big 12 tournament, number 1 seed.....lost first game to 8 seed TCU. Edited March 26, 20179 yr by atm10 Spelling
March 26, 20179 yr Kansas just couldn't by a bucket. 35% for the game, 20% behind the arc. Selfs record in the elite 8 doesn't do him any favors but not his fault this time
March 26, 20179 yr If you're happy with conference titles, Self is your guy. At the end of the day Self only has one less title than Kansas former coach and UNC current coach in Roy Williams.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.