Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Cal gets contract extension

Featured Replies

2 more years added on to his current contract. 2024 is the final year. 7.75MIL for next season and 8MIL for each year after that.

That's some big time money!

Doesn't really mean a whole lot when the guy can retire whenever he wants, but I'm not mad about it.

Who are the top five highest paid college basketball coaches?

 

Coach K, Cal, Sean Miller, Bill Self, Tom Izzo. Not sure what the order will be after this season's extensions/etc.

8M? That's a pretty good gig.

 

Think about the money he brings in, 8M is pocket change.

Coach K, Cal, Sean Miller, Bill Self, Tom Izzo. Not sure what the order will be after this season's extensions/etc.

 

Wow Sean Miller? I'd take it too if they handed it to me.

According to USA Today, it goes.

K

Cal

Pitino

Miller

Self

Izzo

 

I was a bit shocked to see that Crean was only making $22,867 a year more than Greg Marshall.

 

8 Indiana Tom Crean $3,152,867

9 Wichita State Gregg Marshall $3,130,000

I hope he stays for the whole contract. I think he will.

Think about the money he brings in, 8M is pocket change.

 

Good point.

 

It also helps the business community when UK basketball is successful. I remember toward the end of Billy Clyde's time at Kentucky when I was in Lexington, traveling New Circle or some of the other roads, that there were billboards advertising a product or business with the coach's picture as an endorsement. At that time his dislike meter was about as low as it could get. I would think to myself at the time, "These businesses sure aren't getting any help from this guy."

According to USA Today, it goes.

K

Cal

Pitino

Miller

Self

Izzo

 

I was a bit shocked to see that Crean was only making $22,867 a year more than Greg Marshall.

 

Marshall's contract went way up to keep him from leaving for another job.

According to USA Today, it goes.

K

Cal

Pitino

Miller

Self

Izzo

 

I was a bit shocked to see that Crean was only making $22,867 a year more than Greg Marshall.

 

I think that's an older article. My info came from here: The 1

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.