Pitino or Calipari---Who Do You Like Best???

Something some younger folks in here may not remember, but when the 3 point shot came into the college game it was Pitino who set the standard in how to run an offense centered around the 3 pt shot. When the 3 pt shot came in there were a lot of teams that shy'd away from it and would only take a 3 pt shot a couple times a game. Pitino revolutionized the game and made it what it is today.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cal is a better and more friendly person. Pitino has always seemed like a total unfriendly jerk off. Too good to talk to a person. Cal is a people person.

I don't see Cal,doing to his wife what Pitino did to his. Scumbag ruined families and friendships for 12 seconds.

I was around Pitino in a public setting one time. We were in the box right next to him at Churchill Downs one day. He was there with Billy Minardi and another guy. He was really cool that day, very accommodating, even calling people over for autographs.

It would be tough for a neutral fan to choose I think, but I like Cal because he's my guy currently, and I do think he's currently the best coach in America.

That's not a very popular opinion, at least unless the Cats win the Championship, then everyone will be talking about how great he is again.

That's not a very popular opinion, at least unless the Cats win the Championship, then everyone will be talking about how great he is again.

Then let me go a step further and say he's been the best coach in America not named Mike since the day he took D Rose's SAT.

Then let me go a step further and say he's been the best coach in America not named Mike since the day he took D Rose's SAT.

Stop it..... That's nonsense, anyone who believes he took the SAT for Rose has serious issues. I've taken the SAT and there's no possible way for him to have done that.

I guess I like Cal more now since he is at UK, but I use to like Pitino more than Cal when he was at UK. Both tend to get on my nerves though, now and also back to Pitino's tenure at UK.

Both are very good coaches, but have different strengths and weaknesses.

I know for a fact from personal experience this isn't true about Pitino.
I agree, I saw him in Florence many years ago and ran right out and bought his book about the Unforgetables, and went back to where I saw him and he was more than gracious and signed the book and all. He was very nice. One thing Pitino always knew was where his bread was buttered. He loves the fans of Kentucky and Louisville and knows it's because of them that gets him what he's got since coming here.

Neither.

Pitino should have been booted when the Sypher fiasco broke and definitely when the McGee controversy broke.

Calipari has had 2 teams he's coached to final fours vacate those accomplishments because of NCAA violations.

I have never bought that either Pitino or Calapari was unaware of what was going on right under their noses, they both want 100% of the credit when things go well but throw whoever they have to under a bus when things go badly.

They're both lying sleezeballs as far as I'm concerned.

Neither.

Pitino should have been booted when the Sypher fiasco broke and definitely when the McGee controversy broke.

Calipari has had 2 teams he's coached to final fours vacate those accomplishments because of NCAA violations.

I have never bought that either Pitino or Calapari was unaware of what was going on right under their noses, they both want 100% of the credit when things go well but throw whoever they have to under a bus when things go badly.

They're both lying sleezeballs as far as I'm concerned.

I can't disagree with your opinion. It's logical. I often tell the fans down here: "Sure Cal's Satan. But he's OUR Satan." :thumb:

But I'm curious, based on the criteria above; who is worthy of our coach in shining armor?

Coach K has had his own moments with Myron Piggie, to missing jewelry, etc.

Roy Williams and Dean Smith now both seem to have an academic scandal past.

Bill Self; if he hadn't already lost credibility with the ineligible player on the NCAA title team the current scandals have rocked him.

To be honest, it's hard for me to find a current coach who isn't guilty of something or a real jerk on, if not off, the court.

The thing about Calipari is he single handedly transformed the game of college basketball. No he won't go down as the greatest coach of all time nor should he be even considered as such unless he wins 4 more titles. But he revolutionized the game with recruiting and being the forefather of the one and done philosophy. The landscape of college basketball will never look the same unless the one and done rule changed.

The same could be said with Pitino and his use of the 3 pt. shot at Providence.

The same could be said with Pitino and his use of the 3 pt. shot at Providence.

I was about to say the same. He took the Press and the 3 Point Shot and used it to mask the deficiencies of his Providence team. Worked it all the way to the Final Four.

Both changed the game in different ways.

Not sure if it is older age or the fact Rick is at UL, but he seems to have gotten snippier and more bitter the older he has become. Both seem petty and neither would probably give me the time of day, but at least Cal makes me feel like he would potentially be friendly. So, Cal... by default?