Bowling Green 68 Scott County 53 (KHSAA Sweet 16 Quarterfinals)

Very impressive finish by BG. As much as we talk about Harmon and Taylor on offense it was their defense that got them this victory and could very well propel them to a championship. They owned the boards and made life difficult for Scott County all day. Scott County never led one time in the game. That's work!!!! Good win for the Purples. Keep it up.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This game was a lot closer than the Final score. Taylor had a Double-Double for Bowling Green with 20 Points & 14 Boards, Wilson also had 20, Harmon finished with 16, Jones added 4 & 10 Boards. Scott County had 4 guys in double digits scoring, Moreno led with 15, Long added 14, Watts added 10 & 7 Boards, & Robb added 10 & 5 Assists.

Might have been closer than 15 but not much. Scott county never had the lead 2nd half and only had it a one possession game for one possession. Scott County is good but way to young, could have played that game ten times and i not sure any of them would have been single digits.

Might have been closer than 15 but not much. Scott county never had the lead 2nd half and only had it a one possession game for one possession. Scott County is good but way to young, could have played that game ten times and i not sure any of them would have been single digits.

Gonna go ahead an engrave the trophy and hang the banner.

Huge tree throw disparity, just looking at stats seems to be a huge factor. What's the deal there? Lot of fouls late or did SC just foul a lot more during the game?

A lot of fouls late.

That and SC couldn't even get in the lane early to draw fouls.

Gonna go ahead an engrave the trophy and hang the banner.

No not quite, I think anyone in the bottom can beat them, I am not sure Ballard isn't playing better than anyone right now. With that said Scott county is well coached but outside Moreno not a lot there outside role players. As I stated earlier I don't see anywhere Scott county matched up well with bowling green, Moreno will be the highest recruited prospect in that game outside of Harmon but today Taylor was a varsity player and Moreno a JV player.

I'm not saying Scott Co. had a chance to win it, Bowling Green controlled the game, but it was closer than 15, it was a 4 point game halfway through the 4th.

Harmon struggles from the field but still has ZERO turnovers. Guard that scores with minimal turnovers that has another mentally tough and very good HS player in Deangelo along with arguably best big in state in Terry Taylor.

The stars in the sky may be aligning well for the Purples. Big game tomorrow that cant be overlooked.

Bryce Long got the 3 from the corner at the end of the third to make the score 50-47 BG. Deangelo Wilson apologized to his teammates for leaving him open and allowing the wide open three. I'm pretty sure that was the last time Long scored and was that open. Wilson made amends by locking him up. Love me some Deangelo Wilson.