Bowling Green 68 Scott County 53 (KHSAA Sweet 16 Quarterfinals)

Bowling Green is really, really good. They earned that victory today. I don't remember the last time a team got 18 offensive rebounds against Scott Co.

The 8th grader never flinched at all under some pretty solid pressure from Williams and Covington. Most PGs we play eventually wear down and make some mistakes. He was under control the whole time. I don't remember a better 8th grader.

We couldn't keep the other guard out of the lane either.

The bigs whipped us on the board and finished well.

And Scott Co shot 0 free throws in the first half for one reason - BG guard your tail off without fouling.

And with all that we cut it to 1 in the midst of the 4th but didn't have enough in the tank to get the win.

Kudos to BG. Good luck moving forward.

Heck of a season for my Cards. We lose 1 senior - Cooper Watts. We'll be back.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One other side note - it is a very different feeling to be on the other side of a stud transfer. Usually people hate us (SC) for that. This year we have a bunch of home grown kids. I was really hoping they'd cut the nets.

I don't think I appreciated when Harmon transferred in that Bowling Green may have found the missing link. I don't know that they'd have won Region without him, but with him, they became nigh untouchable. They're just so good. I'd be surprised if they didn't cut down the nets.

No not quite, I think anyone in the bottom can beat them, I am not sure Ballard isn't playing better than anyone right now. With that said Scott county is well coached but outside Moreno not a lot there outside role players. As I stated earlier I don't see anywhere Scott county matched up well with bowling green, Moreno will be the highest recruited prospect in that game outside of Harmon but today Taylor was a varsity player and Moreno a JV player.

There were no JV players on that court today. Don't lose credibility making ignorant statements like that.

There were no JV players on that court today. Don't lose credibility making ignorant statements like that.

Not jv players but comparing the two, it was dominant by Taylor. 19 points and 13 rebounds and numerous blocks compared to 15 points and 4 rebounds for Moreno.