Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kurt Barber - Round 2

Featured Replies

I understand Coach Kurt Barber got into another altercation/fight with a student.

 

This time I understand the child's mom wants answers from the school system.

 

Anyone?

  • Replies 57
  • Views 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trouble seems to be following this guy. Maybe there is an issue that needs addressing. Twice in a couple months, doesn't look good, to say the least!

As part of my teacher internship nearly 30 years ago, I was assigned to be an observer at Paducah Tilghman High School. I saw bullying go unabated. I saw teachers turning their backs on rudeness and threats. I don't know Coach Barber. I can't help but wonder, though, maybe this man is a 'stand up' kind of person that maybe we should follow, appreciate and admire his leadership instead of condemning him for it. I know no facts in either situation. Do any of you?

I heard about this yesterday myself. I suspect that we will hear more next week

Just an observation, I believe Coach B is in a special education teacher, in an emotional behavior disorder classroom....EBD, and in my time as a teacher, I was trained to be able to restrain students having severe outbursts that put themselves or other students in harms way. Often times, these students with EBD, were lets say a product of their environments at home. Of course if little EBD johnny throws tantrums, fits, and threats at school, you can bet your hind-end he is doing it at home and usually the parental units will take up and defend him and their poor parenting. so it will be interesting to see what the rest of the story is. Is Coach B bullying and fighting kids?? Or is he dealing with EBD kids and their stellar parents are finding fault with his methods???? Just a hunch by some really stand up keyboard hero's on here talking out their butt about a teacher "fighting" a student is someone with an axe to grind trying to discredit or defame a coach they can not get along with. Hmmm, what do you think? A disgruntled parent or student throwing half truths out here or a royal rumble with a former NFL Linebacker who gets his jollies by beating up high school kids???? You do the math!

Edited by Jumper_Dad
R8 R13

  • Author
As part of my teacher internship nearly 30 years ago, I was assigned to be an observer at Paducah Tilghman High School. I saw bullying go unabated. I saw teachers turning their backs on rudeness and threats. I don't know Coach Barber. I can't help but wonder, though, maybe this man is a 'stand up' kind of person that maybe we should follow, appreciate and admire his leadership instead of condemning him for it. I know no facts in either situation. Do any of you?

 

That is what I was wondering, is Tilghman an "Outlaw" school?

  • Author
Just an observation, I believe Coach B is in a special education teacher, in an emotional behavior disorder classroom....EBD, and in my time as a teacher, I was trained to be able to restrain students having severe outbursts that put themselves or other students in harms way. Often times, these students with EBD, were lets say a product of their environments at home. Of course if little EBD johnny throws tantrums, fits, and threats at school, you can bet your hind-end he is doing it at home and usually the parental units will take up and defend him and their poor parenting. so it will be interesting to see what the rest of the story is. Is Coach B bullying and fighting kids?? Or is he dealing with EBD kids and their stellar parents are finding fault with his methods???? Just a hunch by some really stand up keyboard hero's on here talking out their butt about a teacher "fighting" a student is someone with an axe to grind trying to discredit or defame a coach they can not get along with. Hmmm, what do you think? A disgruntled parent or student throwing half truths out here or a royal rumble with a former NFL Linebacker who gets his jollies by beating up high school kids???? You do the math!

 

I could go a lot of ways with my response but how about this, I understand there is video of the incident. If so, and if the school has nothing to hide, we should all be able to see for ourselves.

 

And of course if we have video we don't have to "depend" on disgruntled parents or students throwing out half truths or even worse keyboard hero's that allegedly have axes to grind.

 

Then again we could just not talk about it and let another school cover up another incident up because that is Standard Operating Procedure for most schools.

I could go a lot of ways with my response but how about this, I understand there is video of the incident. If so, and if the school has nothing to hide, we should all be able to see for ourselves.

 

And of course if we have video we don't have to "depend" on disgruntled parents or students throwing out half truths or even worse keyboard hero's that allegedly have axes to grind.

 

Then again we could just not talk about it and let another school cover up another incident up because that is Standard Operating Procedure for most schools.

 

State and federal confidentiality laws set SOP in public schools

  • Author
State and federal confidentiality laws set SOP in public schools

 

Schools may hide behind some laws but they could release a lot more than they do. After all, it is our tax dollars.

If video exists, then why would the school release it to the public? And should they?

Schools may hide behind some laws but they could release a lot more than they do. After all, it is our tax dollars.

 

PL94142 is federal. I hate how this law has been manipulated by lawyers over the years, but it absolutely trumps our state dollars

  • Author
If video exists, then why would the school release it to the public? And should they?

 

I believe anytime a teacher and a student get into a "fight" the school should disclose as much information as allowed by the law.

 

Think about it, we are talking about a NFL Linebacker "fighting" high school students.

 

I am not saying there was any wrongdoing, I am saying we have no idea and this is the second incident in a very short period of time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.