Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kurt Barber - Round 2

Featured Replies

Probably should move this one to CI forum. Charges pending so I am hearing. He is out as HC as well.

 

Holy Cow!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

 

I am sorry for all involved here. Seems some programs just can't seem to gain any traction.

But program stability is NOT over-rated.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ax is to fall tomorrow or Thurs I was told. If he resigns then I am hearing they don't plan to bring criminal charges. No idea if this is fact but it comes from very good sources.

  • Author
The ax is to fall tomorrow or Thurs I was told. If he resigns then I am hearing they don't plan to bring criminal charges. No idea if this is fact but it comes from very good sources.

 

That is interesting and frankly I don't like it. The incident was either criminal or it wasn't criminal and if either party committed a criminal act they should be prosecuted independent of anything else.

That is interesting and frankly I don't like it. The incident was either criminal or it wasn't criminal and if either party committed a criminal act they should be prosecuted independent of anything else.

 

This is a school incident. You know schools set their own laws.

It's official per Mike Stunson (@Mike_Stunson) of the Paducah Sun.

That is interesting and frankly I don't like it. The incident was either criminal or it wasn't criminal and if either party committed a criminal act they should be prosecuted independent of anything else.

 

Agree. if it was a criminal act then charges should be filed regardless...if it wasn't then leave the guy alone and support him.

It's a no win situation working with those type of kids.

 

As long as the kids somewhat behave its fine. When you get one or two that "Have a mind of their own" so to speak, it is a no win situation.

  • Author
This is a school incident. You know schools set their own laws.

 

That is the larger, overarching issue.

 

When something is criminal no one or no entity should be able to influence and/or be exempt from prosecution.

 

I know some of you don't want to hear it, but the more secrecy we allow from our schools the more problems we will have in the long run, I guarantee it.

You can bet the house and farm on this-

If indeed there was a fight and a video of an adult harming a child at school, there would be criminal charges.

  • Author
You can bet the house and farm on this-

If indeed there was a fight and a video of an adult harming a child at school, there would be criminal charges.

 

And to that I say show us the video.

 

I also disagree with your generalization. If there was a fight, and the child was the aggressor, and the child got hurt, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Unless of course what the adult did was egregious.

 

But again, as long as the school covers up the evidence there is no way for us tax payers to know who did what and whether it was proper or not.

 

No video and who is the loser? Coach Barber for sure because he is out, right? We can call it a resignation but I am sure there was a lot or pressure to resign or else.

 

For all of you that think the secrecy is a good thing in our schools I will tell you who it is a good thing for, the people in charge, for everyone else, including teachers and coaches, it is a bad practice. Sure, some of you teachers and coaches might be sold or convinced in some cases it is a good thing but overall you front line employees are the losers. In short, schools will cover up as much as they can and if they need a scapegoat you can bet your bottom dollar it is going to be a teacher or a coach and not an Administrator. Think about it, who let it get out of control, the teachers/coaches or the Administration in most cases? Does everyone see that inequity? But keep covering up...

 

I will say it again, I know some of you don't want to hear it, but the more secrecy we allow from our schools the more problems we will have in the long run, I guarantee it.

The lack of info forthcoming is to protect students. I feel believe at times teachers are shortchanged in situations like this one. The public does not get all the info because of shielding students, right or wrong.

  • Author
The lack of info forthcoming is to protect students. I feel believe at times teachers are shortchanged in situations like this one. The public does not get all the info because of shielding students, right or wrong.

 

You don't have to reveal anything about a student to exonerate a teacher. You can edit the video or any other evidence to keep identity concealed.

 

And thanks for making my point that it is the teachers and coaches (and us taxpayers) that lose.

 

I will go a step further, when there are criminal acts committed on school grounds by anyone there should be disclosure laws forcing schools (and Law Enforcement) to give a full accounting, minus the minor's identity. Law Enforcement does it all the time in the real world while keeping anyone under 18 private.

 

Additionally, this is the problem when you have schools investigating criminal (or potential) criminal offenses. The schools have NO BUSINESS doing it, only Law Enforcement Officers should investigate crimes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.