Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kurt Barber - Round 2

Featured Replies

  • Replies 57
  • Views 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would anyone want to take this job?

 

Great question

Great question

 

A lot of disrespectful kids. This job was once coveted, now... not so much.

Why would anyone want to take this job?

 

Which one EBD Teacher or HC at PT? He is getting canned for a classroom reason, not a football reason.

A lot of disrespectful kids. .

 

The same for some on the basketball floor.

Guru, I say let us see it too.

Hearsay and he said she said is worthless.

And to that I say show us the video.

 

I also disagree with your generalization. If there was a fight, and the child was the aggressor, and the child got hurt, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Unless of course what the adult did was egregious.

 

But again, as long as the school covers up the evidence there is no way for us tax payers to know who did what and whether it was proper or not.

 

No video and who is the loser? Coach Barber for sure because he is out, right? We can call it a resignation but I am sure there was a lot or pressure to resign or else.

 

For all of you that think the secrecy is a good thing in our schools I will tell you who it is a good thing for, the people in charge, for everyone else, including teachers and coaches, it is a bad practice. Sure, some of you teachers and coaches might be sold or convinced in some cases it is a good thing but overall you front line employees are the losers. In short, schools will cover up as much as they can and if they need a scapegoat you can bet your bottom dollar it is going to be a teacher or a coach and not an Administrator. Think about it, who let it get out of control, the teachers/coaches or the Administration in most cases? Does everyone see that inequity? But keep covering up...

 

I will say it again, I know some of you don't want to hear it, but the more secrecy we allow from our schools the more problems we will have in the long run, I guarantee it.

Assuming you are talking, at least in part, to me, I will follow up on my previous post.

 

"Secrecy in our schools" is your term and a mischaracterization. That's not my opinion at all and I haven't seen anyone indicate they are in favor of that. Come on.

 

I think the schools 100% should disclose everything, unaltered with law enforcement and the student(s) and teacher(s) involved in any situation like this. That includes the legal representatives of each party. If there is any criminal act, those are the folks entitled to the information to make a determination on what action, if any, should be taken. Then the school administration needs to let the law enforcement officials handle it from there.

 

And if local law enforcement has a problem being objective, then they should bring in officers from KSP and/or independent investigators to handle it. That is a problem in a lot of small town politics, the cops and the school administrators both have a problem being objective.

 

My feelings differ with yours, I think, in that I feel the general public has no right to all those juicy details, at least until that process has played out. The cops need to be able to do their jobs and they need to be able to do it with all of the facts, and without interference from anyone. I have no problem with law enforcement or school administration releasing information that they feel the people from that area should know (parents, students, local taxpayers) but I do not think anyone in the general public has a "right" to expect to be informed every step of the way.

 

Maybe I am wrong, maybe that isn't the best way to approach it, maybe you weren't even talking to me, but that's the way I feel.

  • Author
Assuming you are talking, at least in part, to me, I will follow up on my previous post.

 

"Secrecy in our schools" is your term and a mischaracterization. That's not my opinion at all and I haven't seen anyone indicate they are in favor of that. Come on.

 

I think the schools 100% should disclose everything, unaltered with law enforcement and the student(s) and teacher(s) involved in any situation like this. That includes the legal representatives of each party. If there is any criminal act, those are the folks entitled to the information to make a determination on what action, if any, should be taken. Then the school administration needs to let the law enforcement officials handle it from there.

 

And if local law enforcement has a problem being objective, then they should bring in officers from KSP and/or independent investigators to handle it. That is a problem in a lot of small town politics, the cops and the school administrators both have a problem being objective.

 

My feelings differ with yours, I think, in that I feel the general public has no right to all those juicy details, at least until that process has played out. The cops need to be able to do their jobs and they need to be able to do it with all of the facts, and without interference from anyone. I have no problem with law enforcement or school administration releasing information that they feel the people from that area should know (parents, students, local taxpayers) but I do not think anyone in the general public has a "right" to expect to be informed every step of the way.

 

Maybe I am wrong, maybe that isn't the best way to approach it, maybe you weren't even talking to me, but that's the way I feel.

 

Anybody know of any other schools around that has animal killers on their team???

Rocket, you may

Anybody know of any other schools around that has animal killers on their team???

Rocket, you may

 

Huh?

And to that I say show us the video.

 

I also disagree with your generalization. If there was a fight, and the child was the aggressor, and the child got hurt, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Unless of course what the adult did was egregious.

 

But again, as long as the school covers up the evidence there is no way for us tax payers to know who did what and whether it was proper or not.

 

No video and who is the loser? Coach Barber for sure because he is out, right? We can call it a resignation but I am sure there was a lot or pressure to resign or else.

 

For all of you that think the secrecy is a good thing in our schools I will tell you who it is a good thing for, the people in charge, for everyone else, including teachers and coaches, it is a bad practice. Sure, some of you teachers and coaches might be sold or convinced in some cases it is a good thing but overall you front line employees are the losers. In short, schools will cover up as much as they can and if they need a scapegoat you can bet your bottom dollar it is going to be a teacher or a coach and not an Administrator. Think about it, who let it get out of control, the teachers/coaches or the Administration in most cases? Does everyone see that inequity? But keep covering up...

 

I will say it again, I know some of you don't want to hear it, but the more secrecy we allow from our schools the more problems we will have in the long run, I guarantee it.

 

Come on "G" they can't if the kid is a minor, you know that. It could be shown in court. There were times I would have been glad to disclose and show things, but couldn't. Many times, believe me the schools would like to tell what they know. I know you don't want to hear that, but it is the law. Minors are protected.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.